Fieldwork (2019)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by jakecattleco, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VitisVinifera

VitisVinifera Pundit (855) Feb 25, 2013 California

When Nelson was released late last year there was a long thread in this sub about that, and a lot of people who has had Nelson from the very beginning up to the most recent releases. I think you'll find your answers there or at least find those who had solid experiences. I read it through because I found a 6 pack of Nelson at Davis Beer Shop and really enjoyed it.

2. dcgunman

dcgunman Pooh-Bah (2,608) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

That’s a negative. The recent batch of Nelson was good. But not quite OG good. Worth a taste or 2 on draft. A 6pk purchase (if you can find) to compare. Otherwise I like Windows Up for an Alpine/GF beer. But I haven’t bought WU in over a year. Too much love for Revision and others out there.

KevSal, VitisVinifera, IQBlue and 2 others like this.
  3. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Grand Pooh-Bah (3,625) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I wish they'd put a normal price on 6ers of Lupulin River. I love the beer, but would love it more at $15-16 vs. $18+

4. jakecattleco

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This

BayAreaJoe likes this.
  5. Ma9573

Ma9573 Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2017 California
    Trader

Revision is really the shelfie West Coast IPA King right now.

6. VitisVinifera

VitisVinifera Pundit (855) Feb 25, 2013 California

The Revision Mosaic Revenge bomber bottle is the WC king - the only problem is I've found Battle of the Lords cans (in it's own right - a triumphant hazebro) more often than Mosaic Revenge bottles.

Ma9573 likes this.
  7. Obuwan

Obuwan Devotee (302) May 12, 2017 California

Man, maybe I'm not having enough beers now a days because of other responsibilities but I loved the latest batch of Stereotypical, so much so I went back and grabbed two more crowlers. My wife, who doesn't like the haze, loved it too.

I, admittedly, don't get out too much these days though :slight_frown:

8. BeersandBread

BeersandBread Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2016 California

How quickly do you think they will sell out of Vikings Lament tomorrow? I’m going for the first time tomorrow. If I got there 30 minutes before opening should I be able to grab some?
    Thanks!

9. atomicpunk5151

atomicpunk5151 Savant (1,246) Jul 25, 2010 California
    Trader

Tough to say with the 3 can release and the extra hype of SF Beer Week. Are you going to the Berkeley location? That will probably have the biggest line vs the other Taprooms.

Also you better go TODAY (Friday Feb 1), not tomorrow. 85 Total cases of VL for the 6 taprooms.

BeersandBread likes this.
  10. Ma9573

Trader

If anybody is going to the release on Saturday and not maxing out of DDH Pulp hit me up

11. TheBrewsky

TheBrewsky Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2017 California

It seems even just last year they were having Thursday releases, and man, I loved 'em. It's nearly impossible for me to make it to 11am Friday releases, and Saturday's are something I don't even want to mess with half the time.

12. KevSal

KevSal Pooh-Bah (2,916) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

ouch

[​IMG]

i got here at 1035, i might not get any cans :open_mouth:

thuey likes this.
  13. jakecattleco

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Got in line at Sac @ 1055, looks like I'm near the end of guaranteed cans.

14. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

tomorrow's gonna be gnarly.

15. jakecattleco

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Missed cans of Vikings, but having it on draft. Fn delicious for my palate and preferences. Nearly edged out I Will Not Be Afraid as the best beer I've had in 2019 to date.

Ma9573 likes this.
  16. hikanteki

hikanteki Crusader (405) Oct 11, 2013 California
    Trader

Got in line in San Mateo at 10:45. Kind of long but not horrible. Got to the front at around noon and they still had a decent amount of everything. (Viking's Lament, Destroyer of Galaxies, Raspberry Park) Limit was 3 of each so I maxed out. Great start to SF Beer Week. :grinning:

Brent212, Ma9573 and IQBlue like this.
  17. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

Over an hour wait. Yikes!

18. hikanteki

Trader

Lol, a 1:15 wait seems like nothing to me. But yeah, it wasn't even insanely long...it was just moving really slowly.

19. hikanteki

Trader

I work in San Mateo, so I don't mind Friday (or other weekday) releases. I can just swing by on my way in.

Agreed about not wanting to mess with Saturday releases. They require a special trip for me which would resemble my commute, and I'm just plain reluctant to do that for any beer...and especially if I'm not convinced that I'm not going to come back empty-handed.

20. Ma9573

Trader

Heard it was a pretty crazy day at Berkeley, did anybody brave the weather and lines today? I'm hoping to get a growler of DDH Pulp before it kicks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.