Fieldwork appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by cookiequiz, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

Just got back to the bay and was finally able to try a can of Galaxy Juice. If I recall correctly, the last batch was a bit more juicy. Still good though. Gonna enjoy the rest over the course of the next two weeks.

thuey and atomicpunk5151 like this.
  2. JISurfer

JISurfer Pooh-Bah (2,982) Dec 10, 2002 Utah
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Not sure if there's still any around, but when I went by FW yesterday, there were still some cans of Orchard St there. It was my first time there, got to enjoy a Galaxy Juice and Broken Clouds, while my wife shopped at North Face.

atomicpunk5151 and grilledsquid like this.
  3. atomicpunk5151

atomicpunk5151 Savant (1,246) Jul 25, 2010 California
    Trader

Got to try Orchard Street on a clean palate. Got much more of the Peach and grapefruit.

[​IMG]

For this Christmas can run, for me it went: Galaxy Juice > Broken Clouds > Orchard Street

4. IQBlue

IQBlue Zealot (503) Oct 2, 2014 California

Had Orchard Street today from the tap and I swear it initially smelled like strawberries. Absolutely loved it and had to ponder if I liked it more than Galaxy Juice.

JISurfer likes this.
  5. atomicpunk5151

Trader

Fieldwork had some info on the next CAN release. Mid-January. Coconut Milk Double IPA.

m34josh likes this.
  6. thuey

thuey Pooh-Bah (1,681) Nov 13, 2015 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Just tried Broken Clouds on tap for the first time and it's a pleasant, vibrant tasting DIPA! I would say that I got sick of it about 12oz through, so that's one example of less is more. But I rather enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

7. atomicpunk5151

Trader

Looks like King Citra will be back in MID-January.

jakecattleco and IQBlue like this.
  8. IQBlue

IQBlue Zealot (503) Oct 2, 2014 California

Ha! I wasn't too worried. Fieldwork is usually good about bringing their beers back quickly. Hopefully the cans last as long as the last release but if not I hope they have it on for fills.

9. thuey

Pooh-Bah Society

Oh yeah baby, St Tommy cans in the house. They like the triple releases now.

10. atomicpunk5151

Trader

Looking forward to St Thomas as well. Next week looks damn good for my fridge.

They have only said Mid-Jan...... Possible guess might be Jan 13 for the release? They mention in the comments they would fill cans on Thursday. .

11. ElijahSF

ElijahSF Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2013 California

CM Double Dobis bottles then here makes a for a good beer drinking weekend.

atomicpunk5151 likes this.
  12. asong_net

asong_net Zealot (586) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

I guess they got the canning party started earlier than expected... how long did the last can batch last till? Thinking of coming up around 3-4 ish

13. thuey

Pooh-Bah Society

They never announced a firm date! I'm shocked they did a "Surprise, they're now available".

1st release (Pulp, Fog Ripper, Bad Conduct) lasted lasted like an hour?

2nd release (Orchard St, Galaxy Juice, Broken Clouds) lasted until the following day surprisingly. Well, at least Orchard St. But part of that was it being released on Christmas Eve, so I don't think they had the volume of their 1st release.

I'd be interested to hear how this 3rd release went.

grilledsquid and asong_net like this.
  14. crico925

crico925 Zealot (516) Jul 8, 2015 Colorado
    Trader

Sneaky release... I like it. Keepin' people on their toes.

beermeplz and atomicpunk5151 like this.
  15. asong_net

asong_net Zealot (586) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

well here's hoping they last till 3...

16. grilledsquid

Trader

This is the way you do a release, especially if you know shit's gonna sell out eventually.

17. thuey

Pooh-Bah Society

Eh. I guess I didn't want NorCal to be the cluster-eff that Monkish and breweries in New England/East Coast are.

Even Cellarmaker bottle releases are getting busier, and most of their releases aren't hazy!

18. Brent212

Brent212 Pundit (890) Jan 13, 2014 California
    Trader

But doesn't Monkish announce releases hours before they open, so a giant line forms? I think Fieldwork announced this while they were open, so seems a little better in that there's no time where people are lining up but no one's getting served.

Kind of like how at the few Cellarmaker releases I've gone to, I've gotten there an hour or two after they open and just walked up and gotten bottles, but I hear about people sitting there in line for 2+ hours before they open. Those people don't get a chance to line up early when Fieldwork announces cans are available right now.

19. grilledsquid

Trader

By putting them on sale immediately, you typically avoid a Monkish-type line. No opportunity to line up. This is what I wish Monkish would do but they love the lines.

As for Cellarmaker, there's really no need to line up in advance as bottles seem to be available for a couple of hours after sales start.

BlazinHazen and gregoryG like this.
  20. atomicpunk5151

Trader

Here is the can count for the 3 locations they just posted this morning.

Limit 8 cans per person of each beer.
    Berkeley:
    Coconut Milk: 61 cases
    King Citra: 40 cases
    Saint Thomas: 36 cases

Napa:
    Coconut Milk: 18 cases
    King Citra: 18 cases
    Saint Thomas: 14 cases

Sacramento:
    Coconut Milk: 26 cases
    King Citra: 26 cases