Fin Back Brewery

Discussion in 'New England' started by rozzom, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rozzom

rozzom Pooh-Bah (2,534) Jan 22, 2011 New York
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I saw Owl Farm has a couple of their beers on tap. May go there after work on my way home.

Anyone tried their brews yet (no reviews on BA as of now)? What are people's first impressions like?

http://www.finbackbrewery.com/home.html

2. thestupidpunk

thestupidpunk Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2013 New York

Met the owners through various homebrew and Brooklyn Brewery events. Good guys. Really enjoyed their IPA.

Crookdrain and rozzom like this.
  3. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2010 New York

Their homebrews were always solid. Made a damn fine IPA and a bunch of interesting tea-infused beers.

rozzom likes this.
  4. zid

zid Grand Pooh-Bah (3,058) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Did you have some?

5. rozzom

Pooh-Bah Trader

Nope! Didn't have time unfortunately and won't be able to go tonight or tomorrow either. But going to Owl Farm on Saturday, so I hope it's still on then.

6. zid

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

According to their Friendface page, their beers will be hitting some of the usual suspects. Please report back if you try some and have anything to share. I'd like to get down there to have the Puffin before it leaves.

7. zid

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Oh yeah, if you enjoy contemporary IPAs and the like, you might like Barrier's Kapow - which they have at the moment.

8. rozzom

Pooh-Bah Trader

Ended up taking the day off to run some errands, and afterwards stopped by for a couple of beers at Owl Farm.

Unfortunately their IPA had kicked already. But got to try the Puffin Smoked Porter and Double Sess (witbier). Neither are styles I gravitate towards naturally. But thought they were both very tasty. Looking forward to trying more of their beers. Great to see more breweries popping up in the NYC area.

Good call on Kapow. Hadn't had that before either. Very good! (Though the APA designation @ 6.8% is pushing it - that's beyond ZD territory)

zid likes this.
  9. slander

slander Pooh-Bah (2,324) Nov 5, 2001 New York
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society

They had the trio on at brouwerij lane in Greenpoint last night.
    Solid IPA, and the smoked porter was light on the smoke, nice.
    Didn't get to the Wit...

rozzom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.