Firestone Walker Bravo

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by coquet, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coquet

coquet Initiate (106) Aug 31, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

I'd be curious to hear thoughts on whether FW Bravo would be a good candidate for aging. Obviously, with this being the first time they've released it in bottles, I don't expect to get much of a response based on firsthand experience. But for those who have already popped bottles from this year's release or who have tried it on tap, how do you anticipate this beer would change over maybe 12-18 months?

I landed three bottles and plan to drink a fresh one very soon. Would love to hear thoughts on whether this is a good one to try setting aside, or if it will just go downhill over time (like Velvet Merkin).

Cheers!

2. shnsajax

shnsajax Disciple (320) Jul 2, 2013 Idaho
    Trader

I thought it was pretty mellow already for a 13.8% (at least I think). But I also don't really think the flavor profile will develop much over time, just some of the heat tone down.

needs_more_dog likes this.
  3. brewaddict

brewaddict Aspirant (274) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

I find Bravo to be very drinkable right now. There is a tiny bit of ethanol kick on the finish that may mellow with age. However, the rest of the flavors are fairly subtle and may fade a bit in the time it takes for the alcohol tang to reduce. I'll admit that I've only been at the cellar game for a couple of years, but I'm guessing that age isn't going to benefit this beer too much.

Fortunately, it sounds like you're going to be able to try it yourself before committing to a long term plan.

needs_more_dog likes this.
  4. needs_more_dog

needs_more_dog Initiate (0) Sep 13, 2016 Arizona

I can't see any benefit from aging either. agree it was pretty mellow barrel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.