Firestone Walker XVII in NoVA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by wardenclyffe, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wardenclyffe

wardenclyffe Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2010 Virginia
    Beer Trader

I am not sure if this thread exists already, but I wanted to start one in case anyone has any leads. I haven't even heard of Velvet Merkin dropping in NoVA yet, but maybe someone else out there knows more. Anyone got anything?

2. ArlVABeerGuy

ArlVABeerGuy Aspirant (265) Feb 23, 2012 Virginia
    Subscriber

I haven't heard of either hitting DC or NoVA yet.

3. DCgolfpro

DCgolfpro Devotee (479) Oct 26, 2011 Maryland
    Beer Trader

Rodman's has supposedly has it if you care to shop there.

4. BradStokley

BradStokley Disciple (348) Jan 19, 2013 Maryland
    Beer Trader

I thought I read on here it's come and gone in DC already. But VA/MD have yet to see it.

5. DCgolfpro

Beer Trader

Could you post a link to the other DC Metro XVII thread where you saw that?

6. BradStokley

BradStokley Disciple (348) Jan 19, 2013 Maryland
    Beer Trader

I can't remember where I saw it....sorry.

7. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Meyvn (1,171) Nov 27, 2010 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Just wait for Parabola to hit. Better beer and less $$$.

You're welcome.

8. DCgolfpro

Beer Trader

Still have last years Parabola. Building a vertical of Anniversary beers. Parabola is, however, my favorite beer.

9. jtladner

jtladner Zealot (562) Mar 30, 2013 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

Did anyone actually buy a bottle at Rodman's? I stopped by tonight to see if there was any left, but it wasn't clear after talking to the guy whether they had actually received the 17th Anniv. beer.

10. brianmandell

brianmandell Defender (615) Apr 3, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

XVII is available at my neighborhood NYC shop. If anyone needs to have one we could work a trade.

11. DCgolfpro

Beer Trader

If you're not talking to Noah, you're not talking to the guy. It's impossible to have a conversation with any of the other employees there. I think they're paid to stock shelves, refrain from learning English, and stand in the isle while you're trying to get through. All I know is they sent a tweet out on 12/24 saying, and I quote, "Their may be some exciting beers coming in today @firestonewalker XVII". There, Noah. There.

pmarlowe likes this.
  12. jtladner

Beer Trader

Yeah, I saw the same tweet, but wasn't in town at the time. I will say that the employees there are generally very nice, if not the most knowledgeable about beer. After talking to the guy for a bit he definitely remembered getting a boxed beer from FW, but I know they also got Velvet Merkin in recently. So, he may just have been remembering that one.

13. DCgolfpro

Beer Trader

I'm glad you've had positive experiences there.

14. tonyskennedy

tonyskennedy Initiate (147) Sep 24, 2013 Maryland
    Beer Trader

Noah told me they sold out the same day they got the 17 in. He went into that little cubby hole and looked and came out with 3 bottles of BCBS Coffee, but no 17.

15. cj8311

cj8311 Aspirant (232) Nov 12, 2008 Maryland

Bought a bottle of XVII at Rodman's on New Year's Eve. There were 2 on shelf. I would assume they were the last 2.

16. jtladner

Beer Trader

Good to know. Thanks guys.

17. GreenMonster12

GreenMonster12 Initiate (60) May 19, 2013 Maryland
    Beer Trader

Bought one on NYE as well.....one left when I walked out. Off topic, but they had a bunch of Avery
    Mephistopheles' as well

18. nightfly

nightfly Initiate (0) Feb 11, 2010 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

There are 10 bottles (err, boxes) of FW17 at Rodman's as of this morning. $20.99 a piece. Yes, I know Rodman's isn't exactly in NoVA.

19. DCgolfpro

Beer Trader

Picked up two at Rodman's today around 11am. 8 left now if you're still looking.

20. reidjoshua

reidjoshua Initiate (154) May 3, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Anyone live around Rodmans that is coming to my bottle share? If you could pick me up one I'd greatly appreciate it!

21. Thrashsquatch

Thrashsquatch Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2013 Virginia

Same goes for me. It would be much appreciated.

22. macesq

macesq Devotee (404) Apr 17, 2014 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

How's DC area distro on the vintage series in general? Never saw Merkin or XVIII, which accd. to FW's site dropped in Sept and Oct respectively. Based on this thread, though, we may be two months behind (so Merkin should land any day now)?

23. woolybully67

woolybully67 Initiate (179) Feb 18, 2012 Pennsylvania

I picked up a VM on Sept 22nd and it was dumb luck of me asking the guy working the counter at the McLean TW since they keep those rare ones out of sight. I haven't ever seen any other vintage series around town but it's probably just because I've never known when it gets in to ask for it.

macesq likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More