First Beer You Ever Tried

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Das_Reh, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoomKentucky

BoomKentucky Initiate (181) Mar 22, 2013 Kentucky
    Trader

A sip of zima (don't know if thats a beer) in 8th grade and then Miller lite several years later.

2. LeRose

LeRose Meyvn (1,474) Nov 24, 2011 Massachusetts
    Society

Can't remember when but definitely Schlitz because it is all my Dad drank for the longest time. First beer I ever bought myself was probably the Fosters oil can. It went downhill for quite some time during those dark ages....thankfully I was enlightened.

3. SirBottlecap

SirBottlecap Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2013 California

I'm pretty sure you can get a 6'er for about what they cost then - they made so much and it was so shitty that most people just hung onto them. You can still see people TRYING to get rid of them for hundreds!

4. jstmcook

jstmcook Initiate (60) Oct 28, 2013 Georgia

Miler light when i was just a lad... not the best tasting but holds a special place in my heart.

5. Crazy4LegMoose

Crazy4LegMoose Initiate (0) Jun 24, 2008 Massachusetts

Dundee Honey Brown. I had a choice between that and Corona. I thought it was pretty good. Then I went down hill and started drinking Icehouse and Rolling Rock.

6. tmm313

tmm313 Devotee (488) Nov 6, 2011 Georgia

Budweiser. 6th grade. Buddy in the 7th kept it hidden and chilled in a creek behind his house. As I was bringing the can to my mouth, I was picturing women in bikinis and people by the hundreds in extreme happiness like the commercials had promised. The golden glory was about to happen! And when it did, it was the cruelest joke tv had ever played on me. I can't even imagine the face I must have made. Didn't take another sip of beer until the 11th grade (Coors Light), then not another until I was 22 (Newcastle). Things changed after that.

deathevocation and Gorillahead like this.
  7. Soto

Soto Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2005 North Carolina

Snuck some of my dad's Natty Bo when I was little. As good going down as into the diaper.

8. stonermouse

stonermouse Devotee (478) Aug 16, 2006 Massachusetts

Coors light. Hit a home run as an 11-year-old Little Leaguer, stepfather's father gave me a sip after the game to celebrate. I pounded half the can. Even as a child, I felt nothing.

9. azorie

azorie Champion (892) Mar 18, 2006 Florida

No imported beer in your town?

10. sweetwaterman

sweetwaterman Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2005 North Carolina

First beer was likely sips of Dad's Budweiser back as a kiddo. First actual beer that I can recall drinking specifically was Rogue's Shakespeare Stout on a camping trip senior year of High School.

11. yuenglingfan101

yuenglingfan101 Crusader (729) Jul 7, 2010 Ohio

I was 18 and a freshman at Defiance College in Defiance Ohio. I bonged a coors light November 11, 2000. I actually got my parents to switch from Busch Light to Coors Light, now they drink Keystone Light. First craft beer would have been Sam Adams Boston Lager

12. Christopher0331

Christopher0331 Initiate (126) Sep 8, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

A nicely cellared 10 year old can of busch light I found in my grandpas basement bar on a shelf as a kid. Thinking back, I have no idea how I was able to give beer another chance.

13. flying_dutchman

flying_dutchman Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2013 Ecuador

a tripple from a abby near Tilburg in The Netherlands.

14. T-Bird

T-Bird Initiate (32) Aug 26, 2013 Ohio

Pfeiffer. That's all my Dad drank back then and I was about 10. I'd love to try another one now and see if it's as good as I remember it (but I can't and I'm sure it wouldn't be anyway).

Second would be Stag - that was my Grandfather's lifelong beer.

StLeasy likes this.
  15. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Poo-Bah (13,753) Mar 18, 2010 California
    Society

For craft beer - Sam Adams Boston Lager. I hated it.

16. BurgeoningBrewhead

BurgeoningBrewhead Crusader (772) Jul 18, 2012 Pennsylvania

First beer ever? I'm not sure what it was, I was about 6 or 7, 4th of July barbecue at my house, saw a red cup on the porch, thought it was soda. Spat it out.
    First beer drank on purpose? Labatt Blue. Old Labatt Blue.
    First craft beer? Stoudt's Gold Lager.

17. NickMunford

NickMunford Champion (881) Oct 2, 2006 Wyoming

Probably a Miller or Budweiser when I was a toddler. Loved drinking my parents' beers:wink:

18. BeerForMuscle

BeerForMuscle Poo-Bah (2,464) Nov 26, 2006 New Jersey
    Society

Glad to see I'm not nearly the only one who had crappy beer at a young age. Mine was a 40 of Budweiser, age 13.

azorie likes this.
  19. azorie

did you pass out? :grinning:

20. BeerForMuscle

BeerForMuscle Poo-Bah (2,464) Nov 26, 2006 New Jersey
    Society

Nearly, but the numerous McDonalds cheeseburgers that followed may have saved me.

azorie likes this.
  21. azorie

glad to see not everyone is a fast food snob....

22. jstilwell

jstilwell Disciple (310) Oct 21, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Some of dad's Mgd son!!! Circa 78'

23. beerluvr

beerluvr Meyvn (1,221) Jan 2, 2001 Canada

My dad's Schaefer and Rolling Rock nips, then in my teens it was Bud, Miller, Schlitz and the like.

24. Vosko

Vosko Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2013 Florida

Genesee Cream ale and Twelve Horse ale

25. gulli

gulli Initiate (0) May 6, 2012 Michigan

I was 12.. Michelob,,,swiped from dads fridge

26. rgordon

rgordon Meyvn (1,080) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

Probably around 1957 and I remember well. I was with my grandad and old my pointer, Mike. My parents and brother were gone. I was in his charge and we were thrashing around my parent's property, ostensibly looking for brush to thin. I was around 6 and he was glad everyone was gone so that he could regale me with tales of California. As we were moving through a huge bank of deep moss beneath now huge hemlocks, he pulled a Budweiser from his bag of tricks and said, "this'll surely not be your last of these", and we drained his St. Louis nectar. The rest is history. The old rascal even looked like Samuel Clemens.

27. bocky24

bocky24 Initiate (193) Apr 10, 2013 Iowa

Not sure what it was but pretty sure I thought the beer had gone bad.

28. NHhomebrewguy

NHhomebrewguy Zealot (559) Apr 9, 2012 New Hampshire
    Trader

First sip of beer was at a fair. I think it was a BMC crap. My dad gave it to me, must have been all of 8 years old. My first real beer was a Miller High Life in high school. My first craft beer was Sam Adams Boston lager. First beer that changed my life was Heady Topper!!!

29. Gorillahead

Gorillahead Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2013 Missouri

Bud Light. I was a freshman in high school. It tasted like the water that had been rung out of a wet gym sock. I thought I hated beer for the next five years until I tried a Guinness in college. That's when I discovered there was more to beer than BMC garbage.

30. StLeasy

StLeasy Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2013 Illinois

Stag has always been my #1 AAL, and my first AAL; Fishing trip with my uncles and grandpa. Brings back the memory every time I see it in the store. Still have a few every year at get-togethers, and the occasional $1 longneck.

31. corby112

corby112 Poo-Bah (3,910) Nov 19, 2008 Pennsylvania

I had a sip of my dad's PBR...before it was cool. :stuck_out_tongue:

32. rick_91709

rick_91709 Initiate (68) Jun 3, 2013 California

My dad used to let me take sips of his. It was usually Schmidt's. First craft was Pete's Wicked Lager.

33. stingley

stingley Initiate (115) Sep 21, 2013 Pennsylvania

Probably not much... even to this day my hometown has a dearth of good beer, I have to go to the next town over to find anything decent.

34. GottaHaveMyHops

GottaHaveMyHops Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2013 Minnesota

We raided the beer tub of my friend's parents' Halloween party in 9th grade and took a couple Sam Adams Boston Lagers and Boston Ales. Took turns chugging them - both my buddies and I hated them and thought they were too bitter. After that it was a lot of shitty beer, vodka, and rum... woof, high school. Looking back that was actually a pretty good beer to pop my beer cherry

35. StLeasy

StLeasy Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2013 Illinois

You're not alone there :slight_frown:
    I live in the outer suburbs of a pretty big metro (St. Louis) and while my town has one pretty good bottle shop (Inside of a BP gas station no less; about 60 different singles to mix and maybe 20 bombers on hand), I have to head 20 miles into the city to get my hands on new releases.

36. BeerMeister8

BeerMeister8 Initiate (170) Aug 31, 2013 New Hampshire

I had sips of Schlitz with my father when I was very young. My first full beer was Miller High Life when I was 13, courtesy of my brother.

37. TreyIsWilson

TreyIsWilson Poo-Bah (2,688) May 8, 2013 Michigan
    Society Trader

Molson Ice. I was like 14/15 years old, friends parents out of town and his older sister bought us beer. Drank something like seven beers and puked everywhere.

38. scottbrew4u

scottbrew4u Savant (917) Feb 2, 2005 Pennsylvania

First beer I tried was a PBR.

39. Zorro

Zorro Poo-Bah (4,895) Dec 25, 2003 California
    Society

Coors, best option in 1970s Texas.

40. Kikodamian

Kikodamian Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2013 Florida

The first beer I ever tried was a teaspoon of my dad's Budweiser when I was 7 years old. I hated it and didn't really like beer at all until I started making beer burgers with whatever was in the fridge. Ah good times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.