Fort Campbell area help

Discussion in 'South' started by jaxon53, Jun 3, 2018.

1. jaxon53

jaxon53 Meyvn (1,037) Mar 1, 2006 Connecticut

We will be in Clarksville visiting family this Saturday for 2 weeks. Any local watering holes or breweries I should be looking for? I've been to the Blackhorse. Thanks!

2. jaxon53

3. imyourhero21

imyourhero21 Devotee (476) Oct 9, 2011 California
    Trader

Drive to Nashville really ... or Paducah. There is a a brewery up there though, called Tenn Valley brewing, they make a few ok things, a buddy of mine brews some of their sours/kettle sours from time to time.

4. djtothemoney

djtothemoney Initiate (137) Nov 30, 2015 Ohio

Was just in the area not too long ago. Tennessee Valley Brewery was a hot mess express. We tried their entire selection (no sours) and they all had major flaws. Plus, their beer was expensive for how poor it is, would not recommend.

We also went to Strawberry Alley Ale Works. It was significantly better. The food was really good too, we had quite a few appetizers. I'd recommend it. It's near Austin Peay.

Not quite 100% relevant, but there is a small distillery in the area called MB Roland that has an interesting smoked bourbon (and smoked whiskey), as well as lots of varieties of Moonshine. That is the reason we were in the area.

Agree with the above, if you are in the area for 2 weeks, drive down to Nashville and hit up Bearded Iris, Tailgate, Southern Grist, Yazoo, etc.

5. jaxon53

Wa
    Was thinking about Bearded Iris. Love MB Roland. Been there in the past. Are you refering to the Dark Fired?

6. djtothemoney

Yessir. A friend of mine's father got a whole barrel of it for a retirement gift. We are going to brew a stout and put it in the barrel. 25, freaking, gallons.

7. jaxon53

I would love to trade for some of that!

8. djtothemoney

We will have plenty in a few months. I'll let you know how it turns out!

jaxon53 likes this.
  9. jaxon53

Definitely keep me posted!

10. JRaffTX

JRaffTX Initiate (53) Jan 24, 2018 Texas

We were thinking about hitting the Strawberry Ale Works ... any advice on what to order? Is it still worth hitting the Tennessee Valley Brewery too?

11. djtothemoney

Strawberry Alley had some decent beers. The Wit and the Belgian Golden were both solid.

I would avoid Tennessee Valley Brewery. It was near the worst breweries I've ever been to.

12. jaxon53

Strawberry Alley was pretty good. Had some decent brews there, and the burrito bowl was awesome! Star Spangled Brewing in Clarksville was ok. Legion Liquors in Oak Grove had a decent mix-a-six selection.

djtothemoney likes this.