Release Founders - New Barrel-Aged Series Release: DKML

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Beer_Economicus, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Acinonyx

Acinonyx Initiate (132) Mar 8, 2017 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Drinking one on tap right now. It doesn't have a whole lot of flavor other than barrel. Not overwhelming though and surprisingly smooth for being over 14%. I'm not mad at it, but I don't love it. I certainly don't see it as a failure and commend them for doing something way out of the box.

2. KBS

KBS Disciple (314) Apr 25, 2014 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Hitting distro today.

3. Giantspace

Giantspace Zealot (501) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Cool label, unless it shows up at my place with someone I won't be trying it. Sound interesting but $ point is too much for me.

Enjoy

4. theonegman

theonegman Initiate (128) Apr 11, 2016 Michigan

This is a good beer to just try a single first for like 5 bucks. And if ya like it, then buy the 4pk

Beer_Economicus and croush like this.
  5. alucard6679

alucard6679 Aspirant (247) Jul 29, 2012 Arizona

I passed on Lizard of Koz (too much money) but I actually really enjoyed Frootwood, reminded me of a Manhattan

6. Mute_Ant_Brew

Mute_Ant_Brew Aspirant (240) Mar 28, 2017 Wisconsin
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I saw somebody else call this "session whiskey" and feel that it was an accurate description of my experience drinking this.

7. bbtkd

bbtkd Meyvn (1,078) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Supporter Subscriber

So far it has a BA average of 3.82 across six ratings, but no reviews. I've seen folks post a review in this thread - why not turn those into official BA reviews so more people can see them?

donspublic, Sparty1224 and Samlover55 like this.
  8. craigo19

craigo19 Aspirant (217) Oct 12, 2009 Michigan
    Supporter Beer Trader

I had one on Sunday and I found it to be a little hot. I am going to throw 2 in the cellar and see how they taste in a year or two.

9. apendecto

apendecto Initiate (78) Mar 31, 2009 Michigan

Sounds awesome!

10. BaseballNBeer

BaseballNBeer Initiate (175) Apr 22, 2015 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Has this hit SE Michigan? I was out of town at the end of June and around the holiday. I haven't seen anything about it since then, either.

Sparty1224 likes this.
  11. bbtkd

Supporter Subscriber

Founders is saying it's in distribution across their distribution markets. Haven't heard a peep here.

12. theonegman

theonegman Initiate (128) Apr 11, 2016 Michigan

Still waiting. I bet next week

13. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Initiate (169) Apr 8, 2017 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I have not seen it yet in indiana, but Indiana gets it typically about a week after many other areas, and it pretty much always drops on a Friday. I'll give my local guy a call and see if I can get any word - that should provide at least some useful information to those of you nearby.

14. bbtkd

Supporter Subscriber

Please post when it turns up there because it will be a couple of weeks after that when it turns up here. Michigan gets Founders releases first.

15. Sparty1224

Sparty1224 Disciple (384) Jun 18, 2014 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I came here to ask the same thing! What's up Founder's?? It's been nearly a month since taproom release...

BaseballNBeer likes this.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.