Founders...Would you "rebrew" Black Biscuit already!

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by 4DAloveofSTOUT, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4DAloveofSTOUT

4DAloveofSTOUT Poo-Bah (2,258) Nov 28, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Just wanted to throw this out there are see what other fellow Ba's opinions would be about this beer. Its been a while since Founders has pt out a quality backseries beer. Think that Black Biscuit would really be the trick. Not to mention that Black Biscuit is probably a better beer than CBS(unfortunately I am just speculating since I have yet to try Black Biscuit)! I would really enjoy getting to try Black biscuit. Founders can you help? Start impressing everyone again with the backstage beers! I feel like you guys have released some truly underwhelming backstage beers in a row and I know you guys can be a good brewery. Stop brewing all these flops and calling it a backstage beer. The last several backstage beers havent really been that great...(mango manifico, doom, frangelic mountian brown,etc) I know that you guys can do it! Or maybe... Bourbon barrel brown Sumatra? That would be another fantastic backstage beer! I have always been a Founders fan, but almost all of 2013 I still have been waiting to buy a beer from Founder that I was really excited to try. A lifetime Founders Fan hoping for Founders to get out of a "Backstage series slump".

tcblack4d likes this.
  2. THANAT0PSIS

THANAT0PSIS Defender (639) Aug 3, 2010 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I'd like to try Black Biscuit as well, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Founders probably doesn't give a shit what we want, after all every box they put out says, "Brewed for us," on it. Also, I guess I'm the only one who liked Doom and Frangelic...

MgoJohnStamos and BlastBeats like this.
  3. BeerAssassin

BeerAssassin Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2012 Antarctica

I agree many have been flops but I would rather have Panther Cub (best beer Founders has ever made) instead of Black Biscuit but I'd rather have Black Biscuit than some of the stuff they've been releasing. Doom was espically bad wish I could get my money back for that one, kinda my fault though, should have known a barrel aged IPA was a bad idea. Please Please Founders bottle Panther Cub, even if it's just one bottle as long as I get it.:wink:

4. kevanb

kevanb Poo-Bah (1,575) Apr 4, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Let's get that hype train going!

5. BlastBeats

BlastBeats Aspirant (218) Mar 24, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

1. their next backstage beer, Sweet Repute, looks to be killer.
    2. Founders isn't trying to impress everyone

tcblack4d, FEUO, steebo777 and 2 others like this.
  6. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (3,494) Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I want Panther Cub: the Maple Bourbon Barrel Aged version of Founders Porter with Vanilla Beans.

7. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Aspirant (276) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I speculate that this would be more appropriate as an email to founders...

DocJae and tcblack4d like this.
  8. 4DAloveofSTOUT

Beer Trader

You might be right... my bad...you are a wise man. Still curious to see what other people think!

9. 4DAloveofSTOUT

Beer Trader

already had it. its a rebrew of 2009 Nemesis

craigo19 likes this.
  10. 4DAloveofSTOUT

Beer Trader

Missed out on panther club. I bet its good.

11. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Initiate (0) May 8, 2006 Michigan

Slump, schlump... the only problem with recent Backstage series releases are unrealistic expectations. The beers have been good, Founders simply did not do themselves any "favors" with the BA crowd by with the first couple releases.

All that said, yes, Black Biscuit needs to be rebrewed and hopefully soon. It is really an awful beer that no one will like and you would probably be wise to leave it on shelves......:rolling_eyes:

12. SteelersX

SteelersX Disciple (370) Jan 30, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

2.) And they don't that's for sure - Bolt Cutter was a joke. so bad. I liked Doom though.

13. vrbulldog22

vrbulldog22 Disciple (381) Sep 5, 2010 Ohio
    Beer Trader

First growler I ever bought...
    Isn't there a rumor that they don't have the recipe for this beer & that's why it was never rebrewed?

More than black biscuit, I want cashew mountain brown. Holy wow that was tasty stuff..

AColossalJerk and Lukafer like this.
  14. sarcastro

sarcastro Disciple (332) Sep 20, 2006 Michigan
    Beer Trader

You can search and find 20 or so other threads about people disappointed with Founders current Backstage/Class three offering. It is possible they got shut down though.

15. wezzul

wezzul Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2009 Michigan

Honestly can't tell if threads like these are serious anymore or if they're just trolling. This exact same stuff has been said so many times even in *my* short time here, I assume it's just a joke now.

I think other beer companies are still making beers. May even be ones you like. Drink those until Founders drops something that interests you.

16. steebo777

steebo777 Zealot (510) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

Disagree big time. Bolt Cutter is drinking phenominal right now (and when it was fresh).

c64person, craigo19, MSEGUIN and 4 others like this.
  17. stephenieman

stephenieman Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2011 Illinois

I agree, except for the spelling of phenomenal.
    Bolt Cutter's only draw back was the absolutely ludicrous price tag... that aside, it's a fantastic beer.

c64person, Drucifer, tommyz and 4 others like this.
  18. TheGoof

TheGoof Initiate (133) Apr 10, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Cashew Mountain Brown is fantastic, but don't expect to ever see it bottled. Peanut beers don't have much of a shelf life. Something about the oxidization of the fat content.

19. BeRanger

BeRanger Devotee (433) Dec 11, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I thought Bolt Cutter fresh wasn't too shabby but it has certainly aged well.
    Most people had King Henry in their mind when that released, not thinking it was an American Barleywine and going to be hoppy as fuck.

20. Itoclown

Itoclown Aspirant (225) Jun 19, 2008 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Ahhh I love these threads... The question becomes, do I bash people or play along... If I bash... The thread goes away fast... Not sure what to do.

I think a group for those butt hurt for not getting what they want would be awesome... You could meet every Sunday and complain about how you were wronged by brewers for not brewing enough or waiting too long to brew again.

JohnB87, raymo55, Bay01 and 1 other person like this.
  21. FEUO

FEUO Disciple (325) Jul 24, 2012 Ontario (Canada)

I've enjoyed the last few Backstage Series beers.

22. redsand22

redsand22 Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Illinois

good to know I've got a few waiting to be opened.

23. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Meyvn (1,403) Jun 15, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Founders refuses to brew it because of all the people pandering for it to be the next backstage pass.

24. BobCobb

BobCobb Aspirant (299) Jul 10, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

OK, now you're just being difficult.

tronto, BlastBeats and 4DAloveofSTOUT like this.
  25. tectactoe

tectactoe Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2012 Michigan

I don't get why everyone hated Bolt Cutter. I thought it was pretty damn good.

craigo19, Omensetter, tommyz and 2 others like this.
  26. BeerAssassin

BeerAssassin Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2012 Antarctica

Because everyone wanted a english barleywine like King Henry. Also it was way over priced $25 a bottle.

27. wintbs379

wintbs379 Initiate (94) Mar 13, 2009 Michigan
    Beer Trader

You know, the old, "it wasn't what we wanted, so we'll just hate on it"

tommyz and tectactoe like this.
  28. smartassboiler

smartassboiler Champion (827) Apr 9, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Huh? I've greatly enjoyed every Founders Backstage Release that I've been able to try, and that has included Frangelic Mountain Brown, Bolt Cutter, Doom, and Mango Magnifico.

No, they aren't the barrel-aged stouts that too many people seem to think are the only beer style worth a special release. However, if you look at the ratings of those beers on here, only Mango is below an 89, which means people as a whole are very much enjoying these releases despite what the message board backlash has been upon their announcement.

29. sculls65

sculls65 Aspirant (251) Dec 15, 2008 Michigan

So you're clamoring for a beer that you have never tasted based on what? others reviews? or opinions?
    Seems a bit confusing to come on here and bash a brewery for beers that many others liked. Ever wonder if you'll hate black biscuit as much as you have the others? Let it Go !

30. SteelersX

SteelersX Disciple (370) Jan 30, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

Really -
    We thought it was so horribly sweet.
    I threw a bottle in the back of my cellar hoping that in 10 years it might be drinkable.
    That's the best thing about this hobby is the varying opinions

cept mine is right!! :wink:

steebo777 likes this.
  31. tommyz

tommyz Devotee (419) May 28, 2007 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Damn it Founders! Cater to me!!!!!!! YOu suck! Your beers Suck..!! CBS damnit, CBS....NO, Black Biscuit!! YOU NEVER HAVE ANY TIER 3 BEERS ON..!!! YOU DONT CARE ABOUT US WHO BUILT YOUR COMPANY NO MORE..DAMN YOU FOUNDERS FOR WANTING TO MAKE MONEY

Gunslinger711 and DocJae like this.
  32. crossovert

crossovert Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2009 Illinois

drinking a centennial ipa, good beer even at over a month old, stop your fucking bitchfest ppl

33. raymo55

raymo55 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I see BA is still BA

MSEGUIN, JohnB87, F2brewers and 3 others like this.
  34. JohnnieNepal

JohnnieNepal Defender (644) Feb 16, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

35. magnumpoppy

magnumpoppy Initiate (191) Feb 26, 2011 Michigan

I have had Black Biscuit back in 2010, a year after I started drinking great beer. It was great brew. I was able to get a 25 oz mug of it and enjoyed every last drop. It would be nice if founders made it again. I think it is one of founders best beers that they have ever made.

36. caber2615

caber2615 Initiate (158) Oct 7, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

This thread is dumb.

Gunslinger711, craigo19 and JakeT469 like this.
  37. Keffa

Keffa Defender (634) Jan 8, 2009 Ohio
    Beer Trader

:astonished:

Founders: This. This advice here. This one. Please. Nao.

MSEGUIN and hey5hitgoose like this.
  38. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Aspirant (276) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Having said that... lets hope they make black biscuit again!

4DAloveofSTOUT likes this.
  39. TheBeerDad

TheBeerDad Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Yes they are,...

40. blodgetm

blodgetm Initiate (0) May 14, 2006 Michigan

I hear it's gonna be thin and watery if they brew it again...absolute garbage.

CWBlues and kzoobrew like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.