Framboise for a Cure

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by warrendietrich2001, Sep 29, 2016.

1. warrendietrich2001

warrendietrich2001 Zealot (593) Feb 13, 2013 Nevada
    Beer Trader

I have heard that RR will be selling growlers this year instead of bottles. I live in Vegas and want to ensure that I am able to get a growler before I schedule a trip. Does anyone know the following? Is there a set number of growlers per day? How many per person? What is the cost? Are they filling the standard RR growler or do they have 750ml for sale?

2. Kmkzbdon

Kmkzbdon Initiate (145) Apr 25, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

I can't answer in regards to daily limits or quantity per person but they are filling the standard 64 oz growler for $51. I am going up Saturday for Zwanze and should be able to get some clarity on limits.

3. IQBlue

IQBlue Initiate (177) Oct 2, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

If you're already planning to make a trip to the area, you should just go anyway and support the cause regardless of whether or not you can get a growler.

4. KevSal

KevSal Savant (941) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

yea it should be pouring all day. last year ( I believe) they had both beat and ffac on, it was fantastic.

this is the first year in going to miss it in 6 years : /

5. elbrooksie

elbrooksie Aspirant (249) Jan 10, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

$60 with a new 64oz growler, $51 for refill, limit 1 per day per person.

warrendietrich2001 likes this.
  6. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (218) May 2, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

Anyone know if they'll do half growler fills?

7. Original_Fake

Original_Fake Aspirant (285) Nov 15, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I hope it truly lasts "several weeks" like they said in their post. I'll be there on the 17th but I won't hold my breath.

8. RDG81

RDG81 Initiate (121) Aug 24, 2016 Oregon
    Beer Trader

As in 1L?

Think they are only doing 2L.

If you only want half for cost savings, just keep telling yourself it goes to a good cause. Which it does.

9. IQBlue

Beer Trader

Russian River only fills their own growlers and they're 2L.

10. Drunkensloth

Drunkensloth Initiate (58) Aug 22, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Yes and no. They are now selling their own 32 oz growlers that appear to be a hydro flask style. I believe it was 41 dollars just for the empty container and they will fill it with framboise for half the cost of the 64oz version. So you can get a 32, but it has to be their container.

11. IQBlue

Beer Trader

They told me $44 for the SS growler yesterday and that it's really to dip their toes in the water as far as filling 1 liter growlers.

It looks REALLY NICE and all but I can't bring myself to spend that much on yet another growler.

12. KevSal

KevSal Savant (941) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

how was the beer this year?

13. J_BeerTimeYo

J_BeerTimeYo Initiate (87) Aug 31, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

I was able to try Framboise for a Cure last weekend and man was it glorious. My buddy is up there now. Hopefully he can bring some more back.

KevSal likes this.
  14. IQBlue

Beer Trader

Amazing batch this year. Starts off tart and then the raspberries kick in as it hits the palette. I felt, on draft, this year's batch is a lot better than last year's.

That said...I popped open a bottle of 2015 Framboise about 3 weeks ago and it was absolutely amazing.

KevSal likes this.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.