Fred Fest 2015 tickets

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by John_M, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John_M

John_M Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,275) Oct 25, 2003 Washington
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Just a little information.

Tickets for FF 2015 went on sale yesterday I believe. Unfortunately, it appears there was some problem accessing the online site initially, but it appears the problem has been fixed now (just got mine).

I was told that tickets are only available online (was told they will not be selling tickets out of the tasting room this year), and the cost is $65. You can access the online site for ticket purchases at the HOTD website. There is more information about the event on the HOTD home page. The event takes place on 5/3 from 1:00 to 5:00, and there is just the single session.

Additional information about the event can also be found here, at the BA event listing:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/events/info/73822/

2. Gobigvt7

Gobigvt7 Initiate (0) Mar 15, 2008 Oregon

I never thought I'd say this, but I don't even want to think about beer for at least another week.

3. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,282) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

As you peruse a beer website. :wink:

Gobigvt7, kemoarps and sharpski like this.
  4. vurt

vurt Grand Pooh-Bah (3,578) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

You know, after last week, that looks like a pretty mild beer list...

What? What'd I say?

anteater, BBThunderbolt and sharpski like this.
  5. John_M

Well fortunately, FF is nearly "two" weeks away. :-)

6. Mineo

Mineo Savant (1,079) Jul 7, 2010 New York

I'll be visiting PDX the weekend of this and we bought some tickets. I'm not sure really what to expect. the $65 includes all the tastings, I assume? do people usually get in line very early so they can try the super limited stuff before it kicks? hoping people aren't waiting hours in advance to hog all the 4oz pours of limited stuff lol. any past experiences would be appreciated.

will be at DeGarde's anniversary party the day before, so I guess it will be a crazy weekend lol. I guess I chose a good weekend to visit PDX.

7. John_M

If memory serves, I think the ticket price includes unlimited tasting and a pretty extensive food buffet. There likely will be a line, but this is the NW, not the Mid Atlantic. I got there last year roughly a half hour early, and I think there were roughly 100 people in front of me. Took about 10 or 15 minutes for me to get in. I think a couple of the limited release, barrel aged sours kicked fairly quickly (about an hour or so into the event), but I was able to try everything I wanted to try, including those beers.

Mineo likes this.
  8. Mineo

Mineo Savant (1,079) Jul 7, 2010 New York

sounds like a great time! looking forward to it

9. JayhawkRat

JayhawkRat Aspirant (203) Feb 8, 2009 Oregon

This will be my sixth FF, and I've always been able to work my way through over half the list before going back for a second pour of one of the super rare beers. As John M said, if you are there when it starts, you'll get to taste everything. And I'm wondering if the late release of tickets, along with the CBC hangover, will mean attendance is down a bit this year.

sharpski and Mineo like this.
  10. ChrisPr

ChrisPr Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2007 Oregon

They had problems with the website at the beginning of sales last year as well and I ended up being charged twice for my two tickets. Alan was great getting me Wendy's contact info but she never replied to my emails. If there are no advanced sales at HOTD (not online) I'm skipping as I don't want to have to ever go through that fiasco again. Great fest though...

sharpski likes this.
  11. pintplease

pintplease Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2008 Oregon

Wendy is an awesome person, host and beertender. She has always provided excellent service to me. Unfortunate if you did not get the resolution you were looking for, but it would have been totally unintentional and circumstantial. Not to make any excuses, but not long before, she had suffered an extreme personal loss in the death of her beloved husband, Mark. I know I would be a little less functional in the circumstances, but she was at work with a smile on her face and giving great service, notwithstanding her huge loss.

It's unfortunate that the ticket system had a problem in the first place, but why not presume that it has been corrected? Just a thought.

pkasten likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.