Beer FT: Flora Cuvee b2 ISO: ADwtD b3

Discussion in 'Limited' started by BobCobb, Mar 26, 2020.

1. BobCobb

BobCobb Aspirant (271) Jul 10, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Open to discussion.

2. nomadicbeer

nomadicbeer Aspirant (227) Sep 26, 2016 Tennessee
    Trader

Holy generous bro

Bhubbard34 and EssJay006 like this.
  3. L1mera1n

L1mera1n Initiate (93) Sep 8, 2018 California
    Trader

He's actually a bit short tbh. Last b3 I saw traded in here traded around 2k value.

4. Bhubbard34

Bhubbard34 Initiate (119) Mar 4, 2016 Pennsylvania
    Trader

A 2K beer ....please

maybe he’s not short, maybe someone would like a REALLY hard to get saison over a REALLY hard to get barleywine because they like saisons a lot more. Or maybe, Just MAYBE someone would be happy to do this 1:1 because they don’t believe in completely made up arbitrary values of your “whales”

you guys and your secondary values kill me..

5. CRWalton

CRWalton Disciple (318) Jun 6, 2017 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

maybe, just maybe is the only way this gets done 1:1, a hope and a prayer. The days of trading bc of niceties is long gone. Anyone that still has a b3 either traded a shit ton to acquire it or has held it since release knowing they’ll get a shit ton for it. b3 is no longer REALLY hard to acquire, it’s damn near impossible.

6. mrtomatohead49

mrtomatohead49 Disciple (322) Apr 9, 2013 Georgia
    Trader

Yeah! Screw trade value! Someone trade me a KBBS for my case of SN pale ale!

You’re in a trade forum buddy so if you have problems with people commenting on value you may be in the wrong place. If $ values are so offensive then just think of it as 10 VR units. 20 points or whatever floats your boat

7. BobCobb

BobCobb Aspirant (271) Jul 10, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

I guess this is one interpretation of "open to discussion". Carry on.

:wink:

8. Bhubbard34

Bhubbard34 Initiate (119) Mar 4, 2016 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I understand I’m in a trade forum and... this is my comment on value. Am I not allowed to make a comment if it doesn’t agree with yours?

You guys are acting like flora cuvee is easy to get. It’s hardly a case of pale ale. It’s a rare beer for a rare beer and someone might want to do it that’s all.

9. mrtomatohead49

mrtomatohead49 Disciple (322) Apr 9, 2013 Georgia
    Trader

No one is calling Flora cuvée an easy to get beer. But you trashing someone giving trade value advice because of “you people and your secondary values” seems dumb.

Both of these beers are rare. One is just rarer no matter how you quantify it’s value.

sverseman, odcardinal and CRWalton like this.
  10. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (7,777) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Which one is rarer?

Guess it comes down to the batch.

To me seems that the "beer" that is less often released is Flora Cuvee. But sure the batch that had fewer bottles is b3 ADWTD.

Guess it depends on how much faith you have in batch variation and superiority. In my mind, ADWTD is released fairly frequently by comparison, and batch variation isn't vast.

nomadicbeer and Bhubbard34 like this.
  11. EJLinneman

EJLinneman Aspirant (251) Mar 2, 2009 New Jersey
    Trader

Worth noting that people literally had to drive to rural north western Vermont during a pandemic to get that beer. Just saying.

SierraNevallagash and Bhubbard34 like this.
  12. OverTrainOverGain

OverTrainOverGain Initiate (137) May 11, 2017 Oregon
    Trader

As someone who regularly calls out people on these forums for posting BS offers, I would say this is close enough. I call out people for offering bottles worth 125 that are looking for ones that are 220, but this is only like 200 short at a much higher point. If someone was interested they could easily just ask for something small on top. Regardless, wouldn’t consider this someone just trying to take advantage of a generous BA trader, they are totally different beers.

13. Appearanceswc

Appearanceswc Initiate (184) Mar 9, 2015 Virginia
    Trader

Is it on OWK level?

14. OverTrainOverGain

Trader

No, owk is kind of by itself for stouts, probably around 2x these beers or these with huge pluses. only stout I can think of near owk is vanilla bean assassin. It razzled near 3k multiple times, b3 adwtd closer to 1600 like recent Ann.

Appearanceswc likes this.
  15. William_Navidson

William_Navidson Initiate (186) May 1, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Trader

These are two very rare beers, hence the strong opinions. I think this is absolutely the right take. "Value-wise" (sorry) they're similar enough even if not "exactly" on, but the challenge will be finding one of the very few people who has ADWTD b3 and also really, really wants the Flora Cuvee.

It's a slim chance but I don't think it's out of the question and I don't think there's any reason to criticize OP for trying.

Anyway, I think all opinions have probably been voiced here enough (including mine now!) lol.

16. julianbooher

julianbooher Initiate (41) Dec 18, 2018 Minnesota
    Trader

Jesus fucking christ, what a dumpster fire of a thread.

Sorry OP, wish people would just move on instead of commenting on value.

17. OverTrainOverGain

Trader

And yet...they comment...thus keeping the thread alive while wishing it would die...the Streisand effect...

L1mera1n likes this.
  18. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (7,777) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

You have not seen a dumpster fire.
    [​IMG]

19. jeevo

jeevo Aspirant (240) Nov 1, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Unfortunately, I don’t think this is close.

Put it this way. If someone posted FT: A Deal With the Devil B3. ISO: Flora Cuvee, every single person with a bottle of Flora Cuvee would be messaging that person looking to unload their bottle. Put up the opposite trade like the OP here and not a single response.

I think it would take Ann + to close for this trade, and that would need to see the right set of eyes.

L1mera1n, odcardinal and sverseman like this.
  20. jeevo

jeevo Aspirant (240) Nov 1, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Why do people like you care so much? If trading beer wasn’t already dead, the Coronavirus pretty much killed stuck a stake through it. This forum gets 0 traffic anymore as is, so why not have a little entertainment? If this trade is as close as people like you say, then comments shouldn’t have an effect on it.

21. julianbooher

julianbooher Initiate (41) Dec 18, 2018 Minnesota
    Trader

I never commented on the value, I just said that people should move on. If this is what passes as fun, so be it, have your fun I suppose.

22. Graffy

Graffy Aspirant (293) Jan 10, 2014 California
    Trader

Would you consider a case of charmin ultra soft vintage 2020

sverseman likes this.