Funky Buddha Maple Bacon Porter

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by smartassboiler, Nov 16, 2013.

1. smartassboiler

smartassboiler Champion (805) Apr 9, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I want to get in on this since it appears like it will be released soon.

How often is this released? Is it only in growlers, or do they also release bottles? If so, what size are the bottles? What's the cost?

In terms of trade value, are locals like Pipeworks, FFF, New Glarus, etc enough, or does it take more?

2. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Initiate (130) May 15, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

Good move.

First time in new brewery. It has been bottled in the past but any of those still around are garbage. It will be in 32 oz counter pressured swing tops.

Seems like it will take more.

3. abecall98

abecall98 Devotee (442) Aug 11, 2007 California
    Beer Trader

I was Abel to land a handful of their stuff back in the day with 2012 Whitr Chocolates. It's a shame the 2013 batch went bad, I lost about a case of trade ammo.

Hope that helps!!!

WagonCircler and 7clutch like this.
  4. smartassboiler

smartassboiler Champion (805) Apr 9, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Thanks for the responses guys. That gives me a better idea on what to offer.

5. Circleo12

Circleo12 Devotee (442) Nov 12, 2012 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Bottles will be available, albeit very limited supply and only from the brewery, on January 11, so that may also be a route you can go, to get your hands on it, via trade.

IMO, MBCP is good, but by far not the best thing FB puts out. Even saying that, it is better than most things of that style, if you can find many beers of the same ilk.

6. jcb7472

jcb7472 Devotee (477) Jul 13, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

Founder's Club members were given a 32 oz growler of it this past Sunday, so you might be able to find one of those for trade. Otherwise they are having a bottle release on January 11th at the brewery. 2 bottles can be purchased per person at that event, so there should be a lot around after that.

7. chardlogic

chardlogic Aspirant (269) Feb 18, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

Not sure what makes you say there'll be a lot, they still don't even have a bottling system up and running yet.

8. jcb7472

jcb7472 Devotee (477) Jul 13, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

Yeah, probably not "a lot" but I'm sure some of the people that attend the bottle release and purchase 2 bottles will put some up for trade. There will probably be more available after Jan 11 than there is now.

9. GatorLCA

GatorLCA Aspirant (290) Dec 29, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

I don't see the hubub about it, it was more tolerable than the voodoo doughnut but there's no way I could muster a whole 32oz growler of it. Same with the Last Snow, tasted like sun tan lotion to me (but I'm not a fan of coconut so you can rule this opinion out)

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe