Funky buddha

Discussion in 'New England' started by Joenap419, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Joenap419

Joenap419 Initiate (170) Dec 11, 2015 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Aside from bwx has anyone seen or heard of funky Buddha beers popping up in mass?

2. Hammerhead79

Hammerhead79 Disciple (313) Dec 4, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Yesterday Fort Point Market had MBCP and one other I believe lasted about 10 minutes

3. skleice

skleice Aspirant (226) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Omg seriously? Are they going to distribute their full lineup? I've been wanting to try all of their stuff for a while.

4. Hammerhead79

Hammerhead79 Disciple (313) Dec 4, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I think its just a week of EBF drop in and around Boston.

BobGNARley352 likes this.
  5. skleice

skleice Aspirant (226) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Damn. Oh well, tx

6. Phineasco

Phineasco Devotee (439) Sep 4, 2016 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Marty's in newton is getting MBCP today, CBC Fenway and newton are supposed to get it to. Check Facebook and instagram. It will likely last longer at Marty's

7. JSackett

JSackett Initiate (140) Oct 13, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

CBC Newton told me probably Friday if at all. Any idea when Marty's usually gets their deliveries?

8. WeymouthMike

WeymouthMike Devotee (455) Jun 22, 2004 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Social wines in south is had mbcp and one other yesterday, think it was their chocolate milk porter

9. steve_o4

steve_o4 Initiate (119) Dec 19, 2016 New Hampshire

Is MBCP sold bombers or in 4 packs?

10. Davepoolesque

Davepoolesque Poo-Bah (2,563) Aug 25, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

WinePress in Brookline just got in MBCP and 4 packs of Nib Smuggler.

11. changdulla

changdulla Aspirant (294) May 2, 2014 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Bombers. I just received one in trade last week and it was awesome.

12. steve_o4

steve_o4 Initiate (119) Dec 19, 2016 New Hampshire

Thanks, gonna pray they last at Marty's in Newton until tomorrow

13. Joenap419

Beer Trader

Marty's didn't get it last I knew. They expect it but as of 2 they didn't have it

14. Joenap419

Beer Trader

I stand corrected. As I typed they got their delivery. Sucks for me bc it'll be gone tomorrow when I can go

15. JBurd

JBurd Initiate (111) Oct 29, 2016 Connecticut

Semi related- Thoughts on Last Buffalo? Is it worth searching out in a trade?

16. changdulla

Beer Trader

any other sightings? I'd love to track down another bottle..

17. changdulla

Beer Trader

I have a bottle on the way from Florida next week. I will be sure to post my thoughts when I drink it. I heard it is awesome!!..

18. Joenap419

Beer Trader

Marty's still had some. Pocked up a bottle and a 4 pk of nib smuggler. Also got some Dino smores and some exhibit a

19. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Zealot (521) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

Are their gimmick beers all that original any more? FB was on the forefront of silly beers long ago. Their straight-up beers were always terrible.

20. meefmoff

meefmoff Aspirant (292) Jul 6, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Pemberton Farms had the same. Probably 10 or so bottles of the Maple thing and a few packs of the Smuggler (I didn't buy any, so don't blame me if they're gone :slight_smile:).

They also had a bunch of singles of two different DIPAs from Beer'd on a display with them as well as some other stuff from EBF that I didn't recognize.

21. KennyFraser

KennyFraser Initiate (144) Jun 5, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Bacco Wine and Cheese Shop near Copley Plaza tweeted they got some the other day - not sure if it's still available but worth a shot.

22. xanok

xanok Disciple (369) Aug 13, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Was lucky enough to snag some Funky Buddha at CBC in Belmont. They had Nib Smuggler and Maple Bacon Coffee Porter. Talked with one of the employees there and they said they expect "burst distribution." They estimate a shipment once every two months or so.

Had Last Buffalo at EBF. Was incredible. Worth seeking out.

Zuidman and JBurd like this.
  23. hopley

hopley Champion (827) Feb 24, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I spoke with an associate at CBC Belmont who spoke with one of the ladies themselves who said that they would not be receiving FB shipments on a bi-monthly basis, and the next time they might expect FB would be about this time next year during EBF...

24. JSackett

JSackett Initiate (140) Oct 13, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

CBC Newton has em today @ 5:30pm w/ holds available!

25. KingCobra686

KingCobra686 Initiate (199) Aug 13, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

It has a strong coconut flavor. I dont always like coconut, so I wasnt 100% into it, but its a solid stout. I've liked a lot of their other offerings much better.

26. Piels25

Piels25 Aspirant (223) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

"This Imperial version of our Last Snow porter is a rich, thick, decadent treat. Pitch black and viscous, it's made with coconut and fresh roasted coffee. We then age it in Bourbon barrels for months to accentuate the vanilla and coconut notes. Originally brewed in collaboration with our friends at Park Tavern in Delray Beach."

27. KingCobra686

KingCobra686 Initiate (199) Aug 13, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

My bad haha. It is a porter, not a stout.

28. xanok

xanok Disciple (369) Aug 13, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Odd. I spoke with someone there that literally told me the exact opposite.

hopley likes this.
  29. hopley

Beer Trader

Hmmm. Maybe political intrigue from the White House is creeping into beer land?

30. DaaaaBeers

DaaaaBeers Initiate (173) Oct 9, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Picked up some Nib Smuggler and Maple Bacon in Somerville. Guy there told me that those would be the only two beers they'll be sending up here, but should be pretty frequently. Hoping they start sending up some other stuff, but for now, a $12 4 pack of Nib is pretty solid.

31. Phineasco

Beer Trader

Seems to be a lot of conflicting info. Maple bacon is a once a year release. So, you would think they would send last snow next, but who knows.

32. Larueminati

Larueminati Aspirant (215) Sep 3, 2016 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Anywhere in western mass for MBCP?

33. Phineasco

Beer Trader

Saint toddy a Belgian style triple aged in Bourbon and apple beer brandy barrels hit stores today. Picked mine up at Bacco's wine and cheese. So it looks like infrequent deliveries of Funky Buddha from heat on out.

It's 27 dollars a bottle just a little warning. I chose this over double Barrell Jesus.

34. changdulla

Beer Trader

I wonder if this means Funky Buddha will be sending more beers our way semi regularly?

35. jbertsch

jbertsch Meyvn (1,074) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

Yeah my local shop posted that they got a new shipment Nib Smuggler again. I'm confused, are they officially distributing to MA now? I figured the original shipment was just because of EBF...

36. gclaw4444

gclaw4444 Initiate (143) Jul 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

looks like hop stimulator is now at cbc newton, so i guess there will be limited but reoccurring distrobution

37. brewandbbq

brewandbbq Poo-Bah (2,240) Apr 24, 2003 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Maybe they share the same distributor as Lawsons :wink:

38. TheBirdSanc

TheBirdSanc Aspirant (249) May 23, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

what was everyone's opinion of Hop Stimulator? I felt like it was a more resinous/sticky version of 2 Hearted. Prefer 2 Hearted personally.

39. hopley

Beer Trader

Do you see Double Barrell Jesus regularly? I've only seen it once before at a CBC but can't say I've really looked for it.

40. Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt Aspirant (232) Jan 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Very sweet. Heavy on the caramel malt. A bit boozy, piney, resinous. Nothing special. I would prefer 2 hearted as well.

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.