General question re: jobs

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by reannalynne, Jul 10, 2019.

1. reannalynne

reannalynne Initiate (38) Feb 25, 2018 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Does anyone know if there is a site similar to indeed or the like that is just for craft beer /brewery job openings?

Thanks!

GreenBayBA likes this.
  2. montman

montman Disciple (387) Mar 10, 2009 Virginia
    Trader

As many breweries that are popping up, I still would not think there are enough jobs to support a national search site for beer jobs alone.
    However the ProBrewer forums has a help wanted section I believe.

GreenBayBA, reannalynne and sharpski like this.
  3. sharpski

sharpski Meyvn (1,128) Oct 11, 2010 Oregon
    Society Trader

Try probrewer.com, though it’s been my observation that knowing one person in the industry is worth a thousand blind applications. Getting to know your local Brewers will generate leads more efficiently than cruising job boards.

4. reannalynne

reannalynne Initiate (38) Feb 25, 2018 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I am doing that locally, but want to see if there's anything I'm missing. Thanks!!

GreenBayBA and sharpski like this.
  5. BeastOfTheNortheast

BeastOfTheNortheast Disciple (379) Dec 26, 2009 Pennsylvania

See you're from SWPA? If you feeling like relocating, apply to Tröegs. Wasn't a brewer, but worked there PT. Awesome company. Would still be working there if I didn't move.

Scrapss, GreenBayBA and reannalynne like this.
  6. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,785) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society

Brewbound also had brewery job listings.
    https://www.brewbound.com/jobs

7. Beer_Stan

Beer_Stan Initiate (105) Mar 15, 2014 California
    Trader

reannalynne likes this.
  8. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Disciple (319) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

Do you know how to brew?

Basically every brewery is looking for bodies to carry stuff around and clean (grunt work) if you can show up on time and not do too much "sampling." Don't expect much money, but you could think of it like an apprenticeship if you truly want to learn and you get along with the actual brew team.

----
    If you are looking into sales/wholesale jobs, winejobs has a zipcode search and you might stumble upon a wholesaler who has wine + spirits + beer. Otherwise, if you just go into a Total Wine / Grocery store on a monday or thursday morning, eventually you'll see someone wearing a Bud or Coors polo and punching in orders on an iPad, and ask them if they are hiring (they always are)- tons of turnover. They may ask you to do merchandising (moving the cases around and stocking the shelves) for a while, until you know the brands and systems of the company. Also if you know the names of the wholesalers in your area, reach out via phone or email, they are often looking for people who show up and don't get sauced.

https://www.winebusiness.com/classifieds/winejobs/?ref=wj.com