Georgetown Lovely Reida

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Lordkrystic, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Jul 18, 2012 Washington

Released at the brewery today. 10 percent, "150 IBU" imperial IPA. Growler only of course.

2. Aleforme

Aleforme Nov 26, 2008 Washington
    Beer Trader

Yikes! Sounds good. I was going by there today anyway so I might just pick me up a growler.

3. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Mar 9, 2008 Washington

Can someone who's had this review it?

4. Aleforme

Beer Trader

I'd be interested as well. I went by there per my above post but ended up getting a growler of the Tomtoberfest instead. I'm a sucker for Octoberfests. The Tomtoberfest was really good BTW.

Is the Lovely Reida still around?

5. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Mar 9, 2008 Washington

Yes. They posted on FB that it will be available today.

6. Aleforme

Beer Trader

Hmmmmm. Might have to check it out.

7. Aleforme

Beer Trader

Dangit, just ruined the diet I started Yesterday! o_O

I'll probably crack it open tonight and report back, if able.

[​IMG]

sharpski likes this.
  8. Aleforme

Beer Trader

So I tried the Loevly Reida last night.

Bear in mind that I'm not really and savvy or formal reviewer so take my opionion with the standard huge grain of salt.

The nose of the beer is the typical big citrus, grapefruit and pine aromas with a little malt. The initial taste reminds me a lot of Double Jack but that only last for a split second before the alcohol comes blasting through. I think there is a little malt in there but the alcohol really takes over quickly.

It's listed at 150 IBUs and 10% alcohol. At least to me, it seemed to be more in the 100 or so IBU range and maybe the 12% alcohol range. I'm not doubting the alcohol stated but it just comes off stronger.

Overall, I'm not sure that I like the Lovely Reida that much. It's got a lot of things going on in the taste but they just don't seem to be that cohesive and it's just not that balanced to me. At first sip you get excited but once the alcohol comes in, the beer just falls apart for me. One pint was plenty. Not sure I'm gonna finish the rest of the Growler.

I guess the best thing I can take from this beer is Georgetown is trying to push the envelope. Their brews have always been solid but not really outstanding. There is clearly something to be said for that but it's nice to see them getting out of their comfort zone and trying some bold brews. And Lovely Reida is definitely bold, just a little "messy" for my tastes.

9. whiskey

whiskey Feb 25, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Just tried this in Spokane, Lovely Reida is fantastic. Big an hoppy but almost like an imperial red. Some sweetness and easy to drink at 10%. Gives me the same hoppy aftertaste as Pliny and Odell Myrcenary.

10. barleywinefiend

barleywinefiend Nov 22, 2007 Washington

I love this stuff.

11. checktherhyme

checktherhyme Apr 8, 2008 Washington

Where did you have it?

12. whiskey

whiskey Feb 25, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Pints, but he said 3 kegs came to town.

13. DaltonC

DaltonC Oct 10, 2013 Idaho
    Beer Trader

If anyone is near the coeur d'Alene/spokane/post falls area, Enoteca in post falls tapped this yesterday and have growlers and bottles (I believe) for sale.

whiskey likes this.
  14. DaltonC

Beer Trader

Edit: they also tapped Stone Enjoy By 10/25/13 yesterday and I am very excited to get a growler and couple bottles of this.

15. distantmantra

distantmantra May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Georgetown doesn't bottle aside from a couple one-off beers.

16. Aleforme

Beer Trader

I wish they would. I would buy Lucille in cans or bottles on a regular basis. Just a great easy drinking everyday IPA.

I'm still almost certain there is a law/code that was enacted in the city of Seattle at some point that requires all restaurants and bars to carry Manny's Pale Ale on tap. Not my favorite beer in the world but man that chit is everywhere!

distantmantra likes this.
  17. DaltonC

Beer Trader

About to have this on draft in a 12oz, they don't serve higher than 16oz due to the high alcohol. Il review it when done

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe