German Beer Glasses wanted?

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by richcinct, Feb 8, 2020.

1. richcinct

richcinct Initiate (104) Mar 15, 2009 Connecticut
    Trader

I moved back from Germany 20+ years ago and accumulated >900 German beer glasses. Many (>300) are Pilsner glasses from brewery that exist and some that no longer exist. I also have a set of Gatzweiler's Alt beer glasses (set of 12), Paeffgen Koelsch glassses (12), a Frueh Koelsch carrying tray (w/8 glasses) and an assortment of Wheat beer glasses.

I now live in Boston and I'd like to find a good home for these gems as I don't have the room in my condo that i had in my previous home.

2. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,332) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

PapaGoose03 and Shanex like this.
  3. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,426) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

That's a nice-sounding collection which should go to collectors if possible, but you might also contact some German-inspired bars and restaurants in the Boston area to see if they are interested. These places would probably only consider brand logos that are available for sale in their bar, so maybe there will only be selective interest from them.

Beer_Economicus and Shanex like this.
  4. richcinct

Trader

5. richcinct

Trader

Great minds think alike. I was at a German Restaurant in Somerville (Bronwyn) and they did not seem to have much in the way of glassware (not even to serve their German beer on tap). I have not been able to speak to the owner, but will keep trying. Thanks for the suggestion.

6. hottenot

hottenot Aspirant (271) Aug 13, 2018 North Carolina
    Society

No das Boot huh?

7. richcinct

Trader

I have a boot glass.

8. Buckeye55

Buckeye55 Meyvn (1,183) Jan 11, 2019 North Carolina
    Society

I thought I had a problem, I only have around 100. Hope you find a good home for them, seems like you've already gotten some good tips

9. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (3,635) Oct 14, 2009 Texas
    Society Trader

And by all means, if you are able to then please post pics! I’m sure I’m not the only one here who would love to see your collection. Best of luck finding them a new home.

Beer_Economicus likes this.