Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Ghost Face Killer...chili starter?

Discussion in 'Beer & Food' started by CajunMary13, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CajunMary13

CajunMary13 May 1, 2013 Florida

I recently tasted the Ghost face killer and it was different..to say the least. But someone recommended it as a Chili starter. What do ya'll think?
  2. EgadBananas

EgadBananas Mar 18, 2009 Louisiana

A chili beer made with ghost peppers as a starter?? That's crazy. Twisted Pines other chili beer, Billy's Chilis, is a good starter.
  3. CajunMary13

I just dont know what to do with these other bottles of the Ghost Face and I wont be drinking them. Maybe a salsa. I have to find something to do with it.
  4. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Why not use it as a chili starter? Its all about what you can take personally I guess.
  5. jsled

jsled Nov 9, 2005 Vermont

Drain cleaner?
    CajunMary13 likes this.
  6. oglmcdgl

oglmcdgl Mar 10, 2007 Pennsylvania

I've made a chili with gfk and it came out great. Go with it. Use half at first to see how got it will be then as the rest bear the end if you need more heat.
  7. CajunMary13

I used it as a chili starter. It was beyond delicious! The meat was spoon tender and I am going to give credit to the beer for that. I added a few dashes of hot sauce (being from Louisiana, it wasnt quite spicy enough) and that was the best chili I have ever eaten. Hands down.
  8. oglmcdgl

oglmcdgl Mar 10, 2007 Pennsylvania

Cheers to that from one buyou bengal to another .
  9. commis

commis Jul 21, 2009 Massachusetts

can't hurt to try I guess. personally, I let one turn to vinegar and see how that turns out too.
  10. jersson

jersson Feb 13, 2011 Virginia

sounds like a great idea. i was gonna use one to marinate some flank steak.
  11. BrettHead

BrettHead Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

made some good jalapeno corn bread using GFK
  12. CajunMary13

HOLY SMOKES!! This are some great ideas! Now I dont know how to use the last bottle. :p Maybe a gumbo?
  13. Chinon01

Chinon01 Jan 23, 2007 Pennsylvania

Steam mussels with GFK and use coconut milk to cut the heat of the resultant broth.
  14. MatthewPlus

MatthewPlus Jan 2, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

Use it in combonation with some eggs as a wash for beer-battered fried chicken. its awesome.
    Also, if you season ~2bottles and bring them to boil, steamed crawfish with GFK is dope.
    OR..... Use it in a boil with some green peanuts... mmmm, boiled peanuts.... Its the Kuntry Kaviar!
    CajunMary13 likes this.
  15. CajunMary13

I am making the beer battered chicken...and I passed the word back to my people back home for the crawfish!!! Geez I am starving! Haha
    BrettHead likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!