"Ghostface Killah" Brew

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Brew_Junkie, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kylelenk

kylelenk Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 Michigan

Cellared FDB --- Old Founders Dirty Bastard.

2. DrDemento456

DrDemento456 Poo-Bah (4,442) May 15, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

Holly crap the balls on that guy. Man I don't even think I could chug one :O

3. LiquidCucumber

LiquidCucumber Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2009 Ohio

I find Ghostface Killah very tame compared to the Ghost Scorpion (at least the first batch, I heard the second was significantly less hot) and actually enjoyable for the fresh pepper flavor.

chugalug06 likes this.
  4. Bogforce

Bogforce Initiate (0) Sep 2, 2010 Ohio

This is true. Used scorpion peppers in their beer.

5. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Poo-Bah (13,753) Mar 18, 2010 California
    Society

I took one sip of this and got instant hiccups.

6. SrMonkey

SrMonkey Initiate (199) Mar 19, 2008 Wisconsin

recipe involves putting a hanger on a f*ckin stove and let that sh*t sit there for like a half hour
    Take it off and stick it in your ass slow like Tssssssss

DaKur likes this.
  7. craftpunk

craftpunk Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2013 Illinois

undrinkable on it's own, which is why we mixed a bit of it with bourbon county and you get...

[​IMG]
    Bourbon Ghost Face County Killah Stout

8. beercanman

beercanman Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2012 Ohio

This is true. That stuff was epic.

9. mtpHokie

mtpHokie Disciple (332) Feb 25, 2010 Virginia
    Trader

IMOP not a good beer at all. Love spicy foods, this is simply not an enjoyable beer at all. Total novelty beer.

russpowell likes this.
  10. jucifer1818

jucifer1818 Initiate (0) May 15, 2011 Florida

Ive seen it here in town, but yea, no....that just looks like a bad idea for me. I'm not that resilient at drinking hot stuff.

11. notchucknorris

notchucknorris Poo-Bah (2,108) May 28, 2010 California
    Society

Wasn't crazy about it. It's in the same boat as Crime and Punishment for me- hot as hell, but not much going on underneath.

12. BurkeBeerGuy

BurkeBeerGuy Initiate (123) May 27, 2008 Virginia

Still have one bottle of this out in the garage; split the first bottle 4 ways, sipped slowly. More drinkable than you'd think, but flaming hot. Do need crackers or something with it. The second bottle we mixed with an oatmeal stout (2/3 stout, 1/3 killah), and it was pretty darned good.

13. JayQue

JayQue Poo-Bah (3,001) Jul 23, 2005 Virginia
    Society

A gimmick beer. Worth trying with about 2 ounces or so, just for the experience. The beer base is much better than Ed's Cave Creek Chili Ale, but the blast of peppers make this undrinkable over the course of 12 oz. Messes up your taste buds.

BurkeBeerGuy and Rochefort10nh like this.
  14. El_Zilcho

El_Zilcho Initiate (0) May 3, 2012 Virginia

Im not huge on spicy foods, but I thought it was really good, delicious chili flavor, it was hot but not as much as expected. I should also note that prairie fires were one of my favorite shots when I used to drink liquor, me and my buddy Dave always had to have at least one round of them when we were out drinking.

15. rgordon

rgordon Meyvn (1,063) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

Drank a six-pack, went into a chili coma, spent 6 days on life support. OK, not. Took a sip with a friend and probably wouldn't do it again.

16. johnsonni

johnsonni Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2012 North Carolina

This beer is best used for cooking...it's actually really good for cooking, esp green chicken chili

17. Knapp85

Knapp85 Poo-Bah (8,355) Dec 25, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

took me well over an hour to drink 6 oz of this stuff...

18. RacerX5k

RacerX5k Disciple (393) Feb 11, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Delicious. Had numerous times with a dozen Capone's $.25 hot wings. The wings are hotter.

19. BrianTheBrewer30

BrianTheBrewer30 Aspirant (221) Nov 17, 2009 Massachusetts

20. utopiajane

utopiajane Poo-Bah (2,556) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Look at the redness on his face and holding his stomach in pain. That guy is a fool and so are most people who eat 6 cheeseburgers on youtube and slam 2 forties while they are at it. You could hurt yourself doing silly things like this.

(Thank you for listening. Ok I 'm going, I'm going)

21. alexipa

alexipa Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2011 Colorado

I don't really care for this beer, but I wouldn't call it a 'gimmick beer' either. Twisted Pine, the brewery that makes this, takes it very seriously and jumps many hoops to make it possible. There are huge die-hard fans of this beer out there.

Mix it with tomato juice or cook with it, that's really the only way I can enjoy it.

22. WallyHop

WallyHop Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2013 Kentucky

Ol' Dirty Brown?

Keffa likes this.
  23. bigdaddyjerry

bigdaddyjerry Initiate (0) May 6, 2013 Maryland

what division makes this and is it availible in washington county maryland????

24. abkayak

abkayak Disciple (346) Jan 8, 2013 New York

I'm gonna jerk some chicken w/ this stuff..2 day soak in the fridge and over the coals..buying next time I see it

25. rudzud

rudzud Poo-Bah (7,045) Apr 28, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Yeah, Ghost Scorpion Batch 1 was hot as hell. I actually really, really like Ghost Face Killah but Ghost Scorpion was intense, still good flavour though. They drastically toned it down since batch 1 though unfortunately.

I'd love to try Crime and Punishment, but yah...not dropping over $20 on that beer. I'm sure I'd enjoy it too.

26. ONovoMexicano

ONovoMexicano Poo-Bah (2,831) Jun 14, 2012 New Mexico

One GFK doesn't seem so bad anymore.

27. Rutager

Rutager Poo-Bah (2,408) Oct 18, 2010 Canada
    Society Trader

Depends on your tolerance. Not an incredibly tasty beer but I drank 2 in a row quite quickly during the summer out of fear they were getting old. Hot but not crazy for a guy that enjoys hot stuff. No "exit" problems either... :stuck_out_tongue:

28. Rutager

Rutager Poo-Bah (2,408) Oct 18, 2010 Canada
    Society Trader

Sounds like a challenge if I've ever heard one! :wink:

29. skiofpinsk

skiofpinsk Aspirant (235) Jun 18, 2008 Pennsylvania

I had one a few months ago, but I feel my opinion might be skewed because I followed it up with a Cave Creek Chili Beer. With that being said, the GFK was sublime.

30. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Savant (952) Mar 17, 2009 Washington
    Trader

Maybe it's just me but I didn't find this beer to be too spicy. Lots of pepper flavor which was tasty. I drank half the bottle pretty quick and the burn didn't last more than 5 minutes.

31. 57md

57md Poo-Bah (2,983) Aug 22, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Society

I saw it earlier this year at my favorite bottle shop and just had to try it because I like hot and spicy foods. I’ve also had a few other chili beers that were mildly spicy and interesting novelties.

The best thing that I can say about this beer is that there is truth in advertising – it was hot, hot, HOT. It was so hot, that it was pretty much impossible for me to discern any of the actual “beer” qualities.

I finished it only to prove to myself that I could do it. That was a mistake – heartburn.

I’d say give it a whirl – maybe as the last beer in a tasting event. Best to divide one bottle up into 3 or 4 oz. servings. That’s all anyone really needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.