Gibbs Hundred Canning

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by JimKal, Jul 3, 2017.

1. JimKal

JimKal Devotee (457) Jul 31, 2011 North Carolina

This may be old news to some of you. Yesterday I was at Gibbs and asked if there were any plans to can the Greensboro Pale Ale, Blind Man's Holiday. They said they would be canning it soon but the next up for canning was the IPA - Monkeysphere. Their ESB, The Guilty Party, seems to be widely available locally.

2. lsaslow

lsaslow Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2012 North Carolina

This past week, I had a can of their gose at a local restaurant. Glad to see them make this move.

3. Subcontrabass

Subcontrabass Initiate (58) Jun 21, 2014 North Carolina

I bet you're thinking about Preyer's GSO-zuh Gose or Art of the Mango-zuh Gose.

4. rgordon

rgordon Champion (825) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

When it happens, I'll keep GPA Blind Man's Holiday around all of the time. I love it! I regularly buy the ESB cans.

JimKal likes this.
  5. ben4unc

ben4unc Initiate (161) Feb 28, 2013 North Carolina

I don't understand why they will not can the Blind Mans Holiday pale ale! If it had the shelf space of the ESB, it would fly off the shelves!

Bfairhurst74 likes this.
  6. JimKal

The point of the post was that they are going to can Blind Man's Holiday in the near future. The IPA is the next up but I am anxiously awaiting this great Greensboro Pale Ale. I like the ESB and will continue to buy if.I'll buy the IPA but the one I really want is the GPA!

7. JimKal

I've been out of the country for two weeks but on my return I'm happy to see that Blind Man's Holiday is now available in cans at my local Lowe's Foods. Already in the fridge!

Subcontrabass likes this.
  8. Subcontrabass

Subcontrabass Initiate (58) Jun 21, 2014 North Carolina

Since this is already a Gibb's thread:

Gibb's Hundred Brewing Moving to State Street

On one side, I'm happy for Gibb's to be expanding. They've been maxed out at their current location and now that Monkeysphere and Blind Man's Holiday are in cans, they're going to have to devote more fermenter space to ensuring a steady stream of their cans on the shelves.

On the other side, I'm bummed that Gibb's is leaving the South Elm area. They were one of the first places that led the charge in revitalizing that area and losing Gibb's definitely is a negative for downtown GSO.

I guess it is bittersweet, like outgrowing your favorite Star Wars pajamas. Good for Gibb's, though. I look forward to checking out the new digs.

JimKal likes this.
  9. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Devotee (401) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

Any idea if they'll distribute up north to VA?