Glass Rinser

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by REVZEB, Jun 26, 2020.

1. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (7,175) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

brutalfarce likes this.
  2. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Devotee (477) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Society Trader

how's it work? listing oddly vague have been looking at a sink mounted one

3. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (7,175) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

This one is portable so it has two hoses one to take in the water and one to push the waste out. AA batteries

brutalfarce likes this.
  4. billandsuz

billandsuz Devotee (439) Sep 1, 2004 New York

Why on Earth anyone needs a portable glass rinser is beyond my imagination.
    I am certain permanent glass rinsers are a waste too, but it seems to make some people happy.

Also, a stainless steel mounted rinser tray is about $80, and it doesn't need batteries. If anyone really wanted a rinser for their home bar this portable product doesn't seem to add any value.
    Cheers

brutalfarce likes this.
  5. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Devotee (477) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Society Trader

yes was puzzled by that too, we have a newborn so being able to rinse bottles would be nice which is why I was looking

6. matthewp

matthewp Aspirant (211) Feb 27, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Delta Faucets makes a glass rinser that fits into your unused soap dispenser hole (assuming you have an unused one on your sink :wink: ). Its an easy install and I got one as a gift last Christmas. I originally wanted it because the coolness of having one of those rinsers like bars have but its not how I ended up using it. When and if I ever get my home bar built I might install one on a bar sink as a true rinser.

You can either hook it up to the hot water or the cold water. I ended up hooking it up to the hot water because I'm using it to clean hand washed glassware or water bottles, which seems closer to what you want it for. Its nice for cleaning something like a hydroflask, you drop a bit of soap in and then invert it over the rinser and it does a good job of cleaning the insides. I clean my beer glasses on it as well. Wash the outside using the regular faucet and then a drop of soap inside and its well cleaned as well as being very well rinsed. Do you need something like this? No but we've had an unused soap dispenser for years and it gets my teenage kids to clean their water bottles more often than they did when we didn't have the rinser. I'd imagine it would work well for baby bottles, get the hard to clean gunk from the bottom corners of the bottle. Home Depot and Lowes carries them for around $90 or $100.

brutalfarce likes this.