Europe Going to Greece next month. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by BSW, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BSW

BSW Aspirant (274) Jun 20, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I'm going to be in Greece for two weeks in September. I'm looking for any information I can get on getting hoppy beer in Greece. I've done all the leg work on google and on BA. Are there any other fellow hop heads out there who've been recently? And by hoppy, I mean really hoppy. I'm from Sonoma County, USA, home of Russian River, Lagunitas, and Bear Republic.

2. pturrr

pturrr Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2012 Russian Federation

Have been at Greece several times and there are no good beers. Only some locals, heiniken and other pils and lagers. However, there is corfubeer.com, they do some craft stuff, but no hoppy...

It's very hot at Greece at that time, so pils are ok in general )

3. kot1967

kot1967 Initiate (123) Sep 12, 2012 Russian Federation

Maybe Ρετσίνα?

4. Bierman9

Bierman9 Poo-Bah (4,280) Dec 20, 2001 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Man, I'd love to go back to Greece. My wife and I spent 5-6 days on Santorini way back in '86.... Only found one small pub that had Henninger from Frankfurt, Germany. Mostly had the local wine. We ate out at some patio restaurant one night with appetizers, two entrees, bread, and three (!) bottles of Retsina.... Came to about $10 total.... Good luck!

5. kot1967

kot1967 Initiate (123) Sep 12, 2012 Russian Federation

After check bill 40-50$ , Retsina usually become free of charge Be carefu! :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.