good bottle shop in Baltimore

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by rigo, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rigo

rigo Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2006 New York

I'm visiting my family any good bottle in downtown?

2. hollyisaway

hollyisaway Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2012 Maryland

Well's is solid. Of Love and Regret has a bunch of rare / weird imports and locals in the upstairs lounge. I live in Baltimore but outside of those two I usually drive outside the city.

3. DrBier

DrBier Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2011 Pennsylvania

Max's in Fell' Point has one of the largest selections in MD. Pricey but there is a to go discount.

4. DrBier

DrBier Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2011 Pennsylvania

The Wine Source in Hampden has nice selection.

jimmy666 likes this.
  5. jimmy666

jimmy666 Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2010 Maryland

Pinehurst on Bellona ave has a nice selection and growler fills as well.

6. BFF21231

BFF21231 Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2013 Maryland

Nothing great downtown. Wine source in Hampden and Bo Brooks in Canton are the best in the city.

heystevec likes this.
  7. bigdaddyjerry

bigdaddyjerry Initiate (0) May 6, 2013 Maryland

liquer locker in hagerstown maryland AND ONLY 45 MIN FROM BALTIMORE

8. sammy806

sammy806 Pundit (792) Feb 29, 2008 Maryland

Did you drive down from NY? If so, on your way home, stop at State Line Liquors in Elkton, MD just off of I-95. Great selection. Mix a six. Growlers.

9. thewrongtone

thewrongtone Zealot (719) Oct 15, 2006 Arkansas

Instead of creating a new thread, I'll just post in this one.

I'll be in Bmore for work tomorrow night through Saturday morning. I'm staying at Arundel Mills near DuClaw. I was hoping to have time to grab some bottles to bring back. The problem is that I won't be renting a car, so I'd like to keep it as close as possible unless there are viable public transit options.

Any recommendations?

Also, what specifically should I be looking to snag? I'm a fan of all styles.

10. jimmy666

your closest options are the infamous Perfect Pour and Cindy's Skylight Liquors in Elkridge

thewrongtone likes this.
  11. RocketFrogDavid

RocketFrogDavid Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2010 Virginia

Are you driving from NY, if so State Line Liquors right off 95. You can google map it and there is a way to avoid the toll at the MD/DE border. Plus they do growler fills now and have a great selection.

12. thewrongtone

I appreciate the help.

Infamous because...?

13. CaptFrothy

CaptFrothy Zealot (724) Dec 9, 2006 Maryland

The Perfect Pour, which has one of the best selections in the area, especially for domestics, has a well earned reputation for price gouging on whales. Prices are just a bit elevated on the regular hard to find stuff.
    That being said, it's the closest and bestest to Arundel Mills, around 4-5 miles away.

thewrongtone and jimmy666 like this.
  14. zefarrett

zefarrett Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2013 Maryland

Im gonna add it here too because I don't want to start a new thread. Is there anywhere to get cantillon within 45 minutes of baltimore? Ive wanted to try it so bad!

15. jimmy666

This :slight_smile: If your not hunting for whales there you will be ok

thewrongtone likes this.
  16. CaptFrothy

CaptFrothy Zealot (724) Dec 9, 2006 Maryland

Methinks your only shot at Cantillon is in DC, that's within 45 minutes and you could take the train down. Phone numbers are available in the 'Places' search here on BA:
    http://beeradvocate.com/place/list/...ington&s_id=DC&c_id=&zip=&area=&submit=Search

Kicking myself because I was in Vermont last weekend and hit up a craft shop but overlooked Drie Fonteinen Oude Geuze on the shelf. Shazbot.

17. John_M

John_M Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,415) Oct 25, 2003 Washington
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Max's would likely be your best bet. They usually have some Cantillon stuff on hand (especially with 72 hours of Belgium coming up in February), and while they're a beer bar, you can buy beer to go as well. Granted, you'll be paying beer bar prices for the stuff, but in the past their mark-up on Cantillon beers hasn't been too outrageous, so the cost shouldn't be too dear for a bottle.

gillagorilla likes this.
  18. thewrongtone

Thanks, everyone. It was a short trip, and I went to DuClaw both nights since it was walking distance from my hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed their beers, especially Serum and Hellrazer. Venom on nitro was also pretty tasty. I also made it to Perfect Pour last night and picked up a few bottles we don't get down here. Although their prices seemed to be about 10% higher than I'm used to, I know it's a higher cost if living area with different taxes. The staff was super friendly and knowledgeable.

Baltimore is alright with me, even if I couldn't get any Westbrook or Bell's.

mendvicdog, BFF21231 and jimmy666 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.