Good Bottle Shops in Anaheim?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Bluestar, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Bluestar

Bluestar Mar 5, 2012 Texas
    Subscriber

Looks like I'm going to have to be in Anaheim in two weeks for work...

Any recommendations on good bottle shops in the Anaheim area (will have rental car and can drive a reasonable distance)?

Also, any local place to buy good shipping supplies?

Much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. rboinski

rboinski Mar 19, 2012 California

Vendome in fullerton, hollingshead in orange are good places to start. There is a new non-bruery provisions in old town orange (I think, i moved away) but I heard prices weren't the best.

3. a74gent

a74gent Mar 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Californians can give better info, but when i was out in the area on weekends at least it wasn't too hard to get around and go to Bruery's place in Placentia or for some drinking and their own bottles go to Bootlegger's which is in Fullerton I think. I can second Vendome...found some Logsdon there. I found Russian River sours in some of the Whole Foods in the area so you might check them as well. Also there are the standard BevMo and Total Wine Options..

4. rossthefireman

rossthefireman Oct 20, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

sirtomtom likes this.
  5. Bluestar

Subscriber

Thanks all. The insight is much appreciated.

Never realized I was going to be that close to The Bruery. Hopefully I can stock up! :)

6. Blazenation

Blazenation Aug 19, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

There's a bottle shop right next to the bruery called Mr K's liquor...literally like less than 300 ft away. If you make a stop at the bruery walk over, I'm sure you'll find something

Hopmother likes this.
  7. CplCast

CplCast Oct 15, 2013 California

Icon Beverages and Cigars in Cypress if you are in West Anaheim.

8. Hopmother

Hopmother Jun 22, 2012 California

Hell yeah they got some good selection and at a reasonable price.

9. Bluestar

Subscriber

follow up question:

Can anyone recommend a bar with (1) great craft selection, (2) Sunday Ticket, and (3) Good food in the anaheim area? (requirements listed in decreasing order of importance) preferably in the region of the honda center/the baseball stadium (my hotel is not far from here).

Thanks!

10. j47paco

j47paco Dec 19, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Out of the Park Pizza in Anaheim Hills will satisfy all of your requirements. It's a 10 minute drive from Angel Stadium.

FrogOut69 and PlinyTheYoungest like this.
  11. Rollzroyce21

Rollzroyce21 Oct 24, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Taps in Brea has pretty good beers on tap and I believe they have Sunday Ticket.

Also, just a couple blocks south of Taps is Hacienda Bev. Solid bottle shop. Ask for Frank.

12. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Sep 24, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Second Out of the Park Pizza.

13. Bluestar

Subscriber

[​IMG]

Shopping results thus far have been fantastic...

been to The Bruery, Mr. K's, and Hollingshead to pick up some bottles thus far.... drank the Batch 1000 last night and very much enjoyed...

Also was at out of the park last night for dinner, and randomly walked in on a Firestone walker Tap Takeover with a 2012 Parabola on draft...

So, I guess what I'm saying is... thanks for the recommendations all. I'm going to take a cab up to the bruery tonight so that I can taste a bunch of what's on draft there... and probably swing by provisions today for some more bottles....

Any other recommendations? I'd love to find a place that has some Russian River available for purchase... will be driving into LA on Sunday for sure (bought tickets to a kings game - Canadian over here ;)) possibly saturday as well to take in a tourist attraction or two.... any advice appreciated.

thanks again all!

14. lincolnbeard

lincolnbeard Dec 12, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

try and hit up Hacienda as well

Rollzroyce21 likes this.
  15. Rollzroyce21

Rollzroyce21 Oct 24, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

This. I was in there last night and saw a couple solid and "rare" finds that I'm sure you'd enjoy (if they're still they're that is).

16. Lostmango

Lostmango Jun 29, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I would head to hi times in costa mesa this afternoon. They typically get their blind pig/pliny shipment in today. If not its a good shop and they have damnation for sure.

17. lincolnbeard

lincolnbeard Dec 12, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Their Pliny / BP gets ransacked in 10 mins. Last time there was a line of people waiting for the delivery.

18. Lostmango

Beer Trader

Hmmmm. I typically show up about 330 or 4 and get some with no issues. Didnt see any last week, butit has been pretty consistent recently. Maybe try hollingshead. Althought theirs goes quick too.

19. Bluestar

Subscriber

so no luck at hi-times... got there around 3 and dude told me they received their shipment yesterday and were all out?!

anywhere else anyone may know of? I did buy a damnation and lost abbey inferno....

Was at the bruery last night for 3 hours.... place was bumping. met a nice RS member who hooked me up on all the RS pours.... man, i wish i had access to all that stuff on a regular basis!

Simkevin likes this.
  20. Lostmango

Beer Trader

Damn. Thats weird. It normally comes in friday. Sorry about that. Glad you were able to grab some other bottles. If you are heading out today you may want to swing by beachwood bbq in seal beach. They have row 2 hill 56 on tap, you could have a pint and some lunch and check out the beach

21. Simkevin

Simkevin Sep 6, 2009 California

It was great running in to you also. cheers!

22. OldPenguinHunter

OldPenguinHunter Oct 13, 2010 California

Go to Long Beach or Seal Beach, go to Beachwood BBQ, California Heights liquor store (owned by the same people who have Icon Bev.), and try Congregation ale house. I also recommend Noble Ale Works, or heading out to El Segundo to El Segundo Brewing Company and Strand. If you're looking for Russian River stuff, wait until Thursday afternoon, at least in the LB area...

ParkerAE likes this.
  23. Bluestar

Subscriber

Appreciate all the help from everyone who BM'ed me and Kevin!

I'm headed back tomorrow morning and my bag is completely stuffed (glad I have status and can take a 70 lb bag, otherwise I'd be screwed).

You local Californians are spoiled rotten.

j47paco and Rollzroyce21 like this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe