good bottle shops near Fallbrook, CA?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by mnphish, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnphish

mnphish Aspirant (297) Aug 19, 2012 Minnesota

My brother is flying into San diego is going tomorrow and will be staying in fallbrook for a couple nights. What are a couple good beer shops in the area? He also is rented a car and I'm trying to convince him to drive to Poway to visit Distillers Outlet. I'm also wondering which beers I should have him seek out. I'm a big fan of sours, stouts, and IPA's. What stuff will be available and where to look?

I'd love to find limited stuff from the Bruery, RR, Alpine stuff, and more.

2. 01Ryan10

01Ryan10 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2011 California

Uh...minimum 30 min drive to anything craft which would be Temecula. Even then, nothing notable in Temecula, but there are a few.

I think closest is going to be Stone and Port/Lost Abbey, maybe even Hangar24, but those are about 30-60 minutes away.

3. mnphish

cool. I think i've found a gem of a shop in Distillers Outlet - Poway, CA. I follow these guys on Instagram and have only heard great things. It's right in between the San Diego Airport and Fallbrook too. I think I should be good!

dianimal likes this.
  4. 01Ryan10

oh...my bad...I had one too many Bruery beers tonight...I didn't realize you were only looking for bottle shops. I thought you were talking breweries. Carry on.

mnphish likes this.
  5. mnphish

Haha no worries. Any beers or shops I should look out for?

6. 01Ryan10

BTW...Poway Costco has Alesmith Speedwy Stout for $6.50/bottle. Uh...he'd be wise to pick up a few. No membership needed.

mnphish likes this.
  7. 01Ryan10

Since he's driving up from the Airport, have him stop by Stone and Port/LA. They are right there on the way to Fallbrook.

8. gjahn123

gjahn123 Initiate (67) Jul 27, 2011 California

Go to holiday wine cellar off the 78 for bottle shops...also if you can churchills is the beezknees pub. Its off san marcos blvd. on the 78 as well. You could have Churchills Finest hour at the pub for on site consumption only too. If you go toward Temecula bm me and Ill give you the DL here. Cheers!

dianimal and rhertan like this.
  9. AbuAiden

AbuAiden Initiate (67) Jul 26, 2013 California
    Trader

Be aware not everything is for Sale at Distillers he has beers out that you think you can buy and when u ask him how much he tells you not for sale only for trade! Not a fan of that Place there are better Bottle Shops in SD your bro can go to Krisp In Downtown Bine and Vine Palm Springs Liq

10. danscott

danscott Aspirant (206) Jul 15, 2006 California

Whoa whoa whoa.

Let me make sure I understood you correctly here.

A dude owns a liquor store, but some of his products are not for sale, only for trade?

11. AbuAiden

AbuAiden Initiate (67) Jul 26, 2013 California
    Trader

I think that's what I said @danscott

12. danscott

danscott Aspirant (206) Jul 15, 2006 California

That's crazy.

13. hiimrichie

hiimrichie Initiate (158) Jul 11, 2012 California
    Trader

That's the kind of stuff Freddy did/does (haven't been there in awhile) at Bev4Less. Have awesome beer on the shelf but say it wasn't for sale.

14. sandiego67

sandiego67 Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2008 California

Falllbrook is better known for it's weed and meth.

mnphish likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.