1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

"Got this done before" ISO/FT

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by Grohnke, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Grohnke

Grohnke Sep 15, 2009 Illinois

Can we ban these? as it can easily be a ploy to ramp up the hype train, or to trick the other party into thinking its actually a decent trade.

more often than not, its for just ludicrous trades

2. GimmeGumballHead

GimmeGumballHead Dec 4, 2010 Illinois

I hear you... but you can't just decide you are sick of assholes, and then ask everyone to stop shitting...

Hopsiam14, ant880, Rainblows and 2 others like this.
  3. Luv2Brew422

Luv2Brew422 Jan 7, 2012 California

Why not just allow people to say whatever they want in their ISO:FT posts? If someone is dumb enough to fall for it or just doesnt care, and both sides are OK with the trade, then whats the big deal?

Clonies720 and Brew33 like this.
  4. JayORear

JayORear Feb 22, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

The couple of times I've posted such a thing, it's to help a newbie trader out with basic trades. On the other hand, I'm not a whalez guy, so I don't know what kind of BS goes on with those. Anyway, per the last comment, what's the big deal?

5. tronto

tronto Dec 22, 2010 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

I luv this, I will steal this quote all the time. thanks.

Rainblows likes this.
  6. matttttYCE

matttttYCE Jul 15, 2010 Arizona

Most people are going to put their own values of worth and fairness on a trade. If someone thinks it's a good enough deal or they want the beer(s) enough to trade what the poster is asking, then they will. And if no one thinks it's a good enough deal/is willing to trade what the poster is asking, then the trade won't get done. Simple as that. Just because you might not like the trade or think it's a fair one doesn't mean others will unanimously agree.

7. Grohnke

Grohnke Sep 15, 2009 Illinois

i just think we can go without the extra commentary, post the ISO and FT and move along. Perhaps, and most likely, im just irritable. But also, I don't like seeing noobs get taken advantage of, or d*cks trying to hype things.

Todd moved the thread, he saw it, no comments. I indirectly got my answer, all is well

8. Todd

Todd Founder Aug 23, 1996 Colorado
    Staff Moderator Site Editor Fest Crew Subscriber Beer Trader

Moved. Wrong forum. I did see your comments, but didn't reply immediately as I have better things to do than deal with yet another ISO:FT gripe; just being honest.

Other than this thread, I've seen no other call to ban threads like these.

CerealKillerKP likes this.
  9. ShogoKawada

ShogoKawada May 31, 2009 Pennsylvania

It's not like people are getting hoodwinked into trades.

"Aw man I traded away all my rare beer for Shock Top because the guy said he saw it happen before!"

cavedave, ufmj and MarkIntihar like this.
  10. nc41

nc41 Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

No big deal if a guy wants to do the trade , and that's fine by me, as long as they agree and both are happy who cares? Don't like it skip over it.

11. Lasering

Lasering Mar 19, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

Honestly I would just bet its a phase of the ISOFT just like the number system.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe