GP Snake Handler

Discussion in 'South' started by harperman69, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harperman69

harperman69 Aspirant (234) Feb 11, 2009 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

When will the next canning be out? Looking to find it canned at its freshest.

2. freduardo

freduardo Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2007 Alabama

they just canned it a few days ago, so it should be hitting shelves real soon.

xxcarpxx and harperman69 like this.
  3. harperman69

Beer Trader

Thanks for the info. It's worth driving 3 hours.

xxcarpxx likes this.
  4. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2011 Alabama

I think they're running a few weeks behind on canning....can't wait..

5. Buff0910

Buff0910 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2013 Alabama

Hoping to score a case this time since its only once a quarter and its by far my favorite Bama brew. One of my bros in Cali absolutely loves it too.

JayORear and xxcarpxx like this.
  6. Mscarpen

Mscarpen Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2011 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

I'm hoping my Southern BAers can help me out on this one.

I'd really need to score some of this for a buddy of mine I'm hooking up with soon but I am located far and away from anywhere I can grab this brew.

So, if anyone can hook me up, I would be able to reward you handsomely via midwest BA Stouts. I can do IP, but keep in mind I am in Memphis... so a mail trade might be in order.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum... just needed to jump into the conversation while it was rollin'

Cheers Y'all.

7. harperman69

Beer Trader

I'm in Selmer so I might be able to. I plan on muling some for another group so it'll depend on how much I can get.

8. Mscarpen

Beer Trader

Cool. I appreciate the help.

Cheers

9. Volsdawg10

Volsdawg10 Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2013 Mississippi

Was at the brewery yesterday. The bartender said they ran out of it at the brewery Friday night but they had canned a majority of it and it would be out in stores in 5-7 days.

10. nate8767

nate8767 Initiate (82) Nov 1, 2011 Alabama
    Beer Trader

Some buddies and I polished off a 5 gallon keg playing beer pong with this for my 30th birthday this weekend. Shit got real.

11. harperman69

Beer Trader

Last time I got a keg of Snake Handler, they only made the 15.5 gallon ones.

12. nate8767

Beer Trader

Luckily for us, that is evidently no longer the case.

13. harperman69

Beer Trader

That's awesome. I just got a kegerator again, so where is the best place to buy a keg?

14. ox1574

ox1574 Aspirant (223) Feb 8, 2008 Alabama
    Beer Trader

I just picked up some today

tweezer159 likes this.
  15. nate8767

Beer Trader

I'm in Mobile, so I got ours from Cottage Hill Package. That's probably the only place around here that would sell a keg, but I'm sure you can get them a few places in bigger markets.

16. tweezer159

tweezer159 Initiate (0) May 2, 2008 Alabama

Yep-it hit the shelves in the 'Ham today. Too bad I'm broke, but I did have Snake Handler and El Gordo at the brewery yesterday before the Barons game.

17. Mscarpen

Beer Trader

Let me know if you'll be able to hook me up with some. I've got some BA Central Waters beers I can send you in return.

18. harperman69

Beer Trader

More reason for me to get off my ass and get that Snake Handler, lol.

Mscarpen likes this.
  19. Dracarys

Dracarys Initiate (0) May 28, 2013 Alabama

Did you happen to ask them when they're releasing the El Gordo bottles?

20. StuartCarter

StuartCarter Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2006 Alabama

probably not any time soon

21. tweezer159

tweezer159 Initiate (0) May 2, 2008 Alabama

No, but they did tell me that Coffee Oatmeal Stout should be out in cans relatively soon. probably in December.

StuartCarter and richj1970 like this.
  22. Mscarpen

Beer Trader

Any chance you have any to trade? I jump in a plane to see a buddy Sunday who is dying to try this. I'll def make it worth your trouble.

23. harperman69

Beer Trader

I have a case of it but I'm in Portland and won't be back until Tuesday.

24. Mscarpen

Beer Trader

No worries. I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. Any idea if there is anywhere in TN between Memphis and Nashville I could grab some? Cheers!

25. harperman69

Beer Trader

I'm not aware of any place that still has any. And I think it only had Alabama distribution.

Mscarpen likes this.
  26. xxcarpxx

If I'm not mistaken, Nashville did get Snake..

27. cysiam

cysiam Aspirant (262) Feb 21, 2005 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

How often does this get released? DC Brau will have some fresh OTWOA again in October and I'd be interested in trading for some Snake Handler if there is a fresh batch around.

28. xxcarpxx

They can ever 3 months....I believe the last canning was behind a few weeks...buy saying every 3 months, next canning should be mid November...

Mscarpen likes this.
  29. cysiam

cysiam Aspirant (262) Feb 21, 2005 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

I just saw that Snake Handler was released again. If anyone wants to swap for DC local stuff BM me. Cheers!

30. BFF21231

BFF21231 Initiate (175) Aug 12, 2013 Maryland
    Beer Trader

Let me give this a bump. Anyone know when the next canning is scheduled? I'm interested in trading DC/MD distro including OTWOA (as long as @cysiam was taken care of) for some Snake Handler.

31. richj1970

richj1970 Poo-Bah (1,839) Oct 26, 2012 Alabama
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I would think it would be soon. Usually every 3 months or so and the last one was early dec. If I see it come out, I will send a message to setup a trade...

BFF21231 likes this.
  32. fishmich

fishmich Devotee (417) Apr 11, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

any word on if/when this one might be available?

33. _-CARP-_

_-CARP-_ Initiate (185) Nov 23, 2013 Alabama
    Beer Trader

What I've heard is the canning schedule is off, because they have a contract with Regions Field.... Hopefully cans will hit soon..but growlers are around and easy to get..

34. fishmich

Beer Trader

when cans become available, id love to trade some michigan stuff for a few fresh ones.

35. fishmich

Beer Trader

still looking for a few cans of this if it has become available recently or will become available soon. i have plenty of good Michigan stuff to offer up.

36. jcavend1

jcavend1 Initiate (0) Jan 1, 2012 Alabama

I havent seen it in cans in a while. They did have some on tap at the brewery Monday. Not sure when they are going to can again.

37. JuliusPepperwood

JuliusPepperwood Initiate (185) Jul 21, 2013 Alabama
    Beer Trader

I spoke to someone at Hop City last month and they said Good People wouldn't be canning Snake Handler right now because they are trying to meet the needs of the ballpark across the street during baseball season. They still have it on tap in the brewery and several other locations. Your best bet might be getting someone send you a growler of it next time they have it on draft at Hop City but I'm not sure how well it would keep.

38. StuartCarter

Your source at Hop City was wrong. Good People have run out of cans, which is what is holding them back from releasing more. With the various backlogs they are dealing with, it will be later this year before they have production space available to can Snake Handler again. The ball park has nothing to do with the lack of aluminium :wink:

39. JuliusPepperwood

JuliusPepperwood Initiate (185) Jul 21, 2013 Alabama
    Beer Trader

Where did you hear that? Everytime I go to Good People they have pallets of cans stacked 3 high?

40. StuartCarter

my friend. Who runs the canner. Note: they are out of only the Snake Handler cans, but the minimum reorder is 250,000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.