Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo Breweries

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by fugazidps, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fugazidps

fugazidps Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2013 New York

My buddy is taking a trip to Michigan, specifically the Grand Rapids/ Kalamazoo area. Out of the loop on Michigan breweries with the exception of Bells/Founders/New Holland. Any beers that he could bring back for me? Special releases, up and coming beers. Thanks.

2. croush

croush Pooh-Bah (2,371) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It's not a brewery for him to visit in that area, but Old Nation may have some of their beers out in distribution, such as M-43 (likely), Boxer (perhaps) or Boss Tweed (longer shot). I'd have him pick up any of those if I were you. I'm a big fan of M-43...I like Boxer less...and I've never had Boss Tweed (which is supposedly the best of them all).

fugazidps likes this.
  3. deejaydan

deejaydan Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2003 Michigan

If you or your friend likes Belgian beers, Vivant is a can't miss. Thursday is the Zaison release (Imperial Saison). I also would recommend Dark Star from Big Lake in Holland.

fugazidps and RolandStJude like this.
  4. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Pooh-Bah (2,611) Jun 8, 2005 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

Greyline Brewing.

fugazidps and PapaGoose03 like this.
  5. gratefulbeerhead

gratefulbeerhead Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2009 Indiana

Yes to this!

fugazidps and PapaGoose03 like this.
  6. gratefulbeerhead

M-43 has made it to the West side of the state. Look for it at Drake's Party Center in Kazoo or Siciliano's in Gr. Rapids. It doesn't come in often and goes out quickly, but worth it if he can find it. Haven't seen any of their other beers in distro yet.

fugazidps likes this.
  7. Filabee

Filabee Savant (1,032) Dec 6, 2012 Michigan
    Trader

In Kalamazoo...Check out One Well. They are brewing some very enjoyable beers!

8. gratefulbeerhead

Second this as well. If you've never been to Bell's that is a must stop. But after that, One Well would be next on my list in Kazoo area. I love the pinball and old school video games as well.

9. gratefulbeerhead

Another option is Craft Draft to Go, which is a very quick stop right off of 131 in Kazoo. They have 50 taps, mostly of Michigan beer, and mostly available to go in growlers and crowlers. If you are crunched for time, this is an excellent way to taste many Michigan beers all in one spot.

10. archiebunkerjr

archiebunkerjr Pundit (866) Oct 25, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

When is your buddy visiting?

11. Chubz77

Chubz77 Aspirant (287) Apr 11, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

When is he coming? Transient will be dropping another good one soon, they are 45-50 minutes from Kzoo but they really are that good and if he times it right he will be able to get you cans of some of the best IPA's in the state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.