Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Great River Beer?

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Schmittymack, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Schmittymack

Schmittymack Defender (642) Sep 3, 2008 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Had never heard of this brewery til I tried their River Dog strong ale at Old Chicago last night. If that's any indication of the rest of their brews, they should be successful. Anyone know where and when their taproom will be?

2. Schmittymack

Schmittymack Defender (642) Sep 3, 2008 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Er, this should be Good River Beer. Great River is in Davenport, IA...

3. Ratman197

Ratman197 Devotee (434) Aug 11, 2007 Colorado

I've had a few of there beers at Colorado Plus, they don't have a taproom currently. It's amazing what you can find out with Google and Facebook!:wink:

Schmittymack likes this.
  4. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,226) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I like their stuff, too. Both the Belgian Strong and Schwarzbier are good. I first started noticing them about a year ago. Seems like an interesting business model.

Schmittymack likes this.
  5. Canada_Dan

Canada_Dan Meyvn (1,024) Jun 14, 2013 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

They seem to have a permanent tap handle at Revival Brews in Evergreen (awesome place btw). I've enjoyed a few Americans (pre-pro pils) sitting outside in the sun after a hike. Last beer I tried from them was called Four Falls, a weizenbock. I thought it was okay, though a little estery and over-carbed. A bit homebrew-like dare I say. Nice caramel aroma and good body though

Schmittymack and Spaceman_Jer like this.
  6. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,226) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Huh. Just over from Declaration. I never know if that strategy is good or bad. It can setup an area as a "destination" or it could simply create competition. Guess we'll find out. With so many of Declaration's beers being high in ABV, I dunno if I could handle 2 stops down there.

tylerstubs likes this.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.