Green Man's First Bottle Release

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by beckard13, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beckard13

beckard13 Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2011 North Carolina

2. beerFool28607

beerFool28607 Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2012 North Carolina

$20 for a bottle of their stout? No thanks.

3. GehenHerzog

GehenHerzog Disciple (302) Jan 24, 2010 North Carolina

Could be good?

4. beerFool28607

It would have to be way better than their other stouts for me to spend half that. Just one man's opinion, but there facebook page says "a mere $20 per bottle". Come on.

LarsonLE likes this.
  5. jpmclaug

jpmclaug Zealot (578) Jun 6, 2008 South Carolina

Seems a bit steep to me too but I guess it is in line with other brewery only releases.

I would pay that much for a bottle of their rum barrel aged imperial stout though. That beer was fantastic.

thagr81us likes this.
  6. Rymar9

Rymar9 Initiate (186) Jan 24, 2011 South Carolina
    Trader

barrel-aged sexy choc is $15 a bottle..just sayin'..

Lantern, LarsonLE and ewright like this.
  7. ewright

ewright Initiate (0) Oct 25, 2007 North Carolina

And it's a thing worth saying. Repeatedly.

Lantern likes this.
  8. thagr81us

thagr81us Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2010 South Carolina

Is that a 750 mL? At least this will make it easier to send them out as extras so people can try their beer. Just sayin...

So much of this that it isn't even funny...

9. commis

commis Initiate (144) Jul 21, 2009 Massachusetts

It's an exceptional Imperial stout in a town where exceptional Imperial Stouts and bottle releases are simply not to be found.
    A couple bucks more than it should be, but not all that far out of line for a 750.
    I'll be buying the limit and then some more later in the day when the pricetag prevents them from selling it all.
    It would have been pretty badass if they bottled up a couple hundred or so bottles of the rum barrel kill devil as well and maybe gone $20 for that and $15 for the Dweller. Either way, I've always felt the Greenman was the best brewery in this half-ass "beer mecca", so I'll go support them by paying a few bucks more than I should.

Lantern likes this.
  10. commis

How many other stouts have you had from them? I think there is just the regular line-up stout (which is also damn good) but I could be mistaken.

11. beerFool28607

Oops, just checked and the coconut one is a porter..so only one I guess :slight_smile:

12. nas4atu

nas4atu Aspirant (201) Dec 3, 2011 North Carolina

Anyone up in Asheville able to snag a bottle or two of this for me? I live in Hickory, and unfortunately have to work.

13. commis

I'm here, and I would but there is a three bottle limit. It ain't really flying out the door at this point though. There are about 30-40 people here so even if they all walk away with the limit there will be hundreds of bottles left.
    I asked what would happen with bottles left unsold today and was told that most likely it would see some distribution.

14. MrPeabodysBeard

MrPeabodysBeard Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2010 North Carolina

I'm going to have some bottles up here if you want to make the trip up the hill and see me nas4atu, I'll be glad to put some back for ya' just let me know!

Chris

Lantern likes this.
  15. oberon

oberon Poo-Bah (7,031) Feb 12, 2002 North Carolina

I recently had the Dweller here in Greensboro on tap at Sessions,I reviewed it under Kill Devil Dweller before knowing it was a total different beer,it has alot of the characterisitics of the Kill Devil Dweller from past reviews,it's not bad,it will knock ya on your ass after a few though I can say that.

16. epicbeard85

epicbeard85 Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2012 Florida

would love too do a trade for one of the stouts they got

17. whiskeytown

whiskeytown Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2010 North Carolina

so what does everyone think about this? Two cases actually made it down the mountain and I was able to get my hands on one. Right now it's resting comfortably in my beer cabinet.

18. tclapper

tclapper Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2008 Maine

It's a solid Imperial stout, just seems overpriced. Although if you went to the brewery release you got a pint glass with the bottle so that made it a little more reasonable.

19. whiskeytown

whiskeytown Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2010 North Carolina

Yeah, the $19 price tag was high but I've been a longtime Greenman/ Jack of the Wood supporter so I jumped at the chance to try their first bottle release.

Lantern likes this.
  20. tclapper

tclapper Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2008 Maine

It's funny how the farther east you go the cheaper beer gets. While not a huge difference in this example, it was $20 at the brewery and I've seen $22 other places

21. LarsonLE

LarsonLE Initiate (35) Feb 7, 2011 North Carolina

I've been seeing $20-$21.50 for this bottle in the bottle shops across the Triangle.

22. nas4atu

nas4atu Aspirant (201) Dec 3, 2011 North Carolina

Very good stout, I would have to say its overpriced though. Especially with BBL Peoples Porter out there for $7.

ewright likes this.
  23. ewright

ewright Initiate (0) Oct 25, 2007 North Carolina

It's $18 or $19 at one Triangle store I know about, but as you say, I'll take 3 BBL People's Porter for another couple dollars.

24. Lantern

Lantern Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011

Hops & Grapes has it.

25. Lantern

Lantern Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011

I really liked it. I'm happy to support a local brewery as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.