Greetings from Troegs Variety 15-pack

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Glider, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Glider

Glider Aspirant (214) Nov 15, 2004 Massachusetts

I saw this on twitter recently:

"Coming soon: We’ve got a little something summery for everyone. Our brand new 15-pack will be showing up soon near you, and you simply can’t go wrong if you turn up with one or two of these in tow."

"You’ll find three cans each of our Imperial Pale Ale Perpetual, the refreshingly complex Sunshine Pils, the soft, tropical Field Study IPA, the new Raspberry Tart Ale and our go-to When In Doubt Lager. Yup, you're seeing that correctly: When in Doubt in cans for the first time"

I was wondering if anyone had seen anything more on this or perhaps even seen it in a store. Sounds like a mix I would really enjoy. Could be a big hit especially if nicely priced.

Ffenski, needMIbeer, Tucquan and 7 others like this.
  2. hillind

hillind Aspirant (246) Apr 24, 2010 Pennsylvania

I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to drop 6/10. It’s a good mix for sure.

3. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (4,012) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

I had to look up When in Doubt:

“When In Doubt Lager

Year Round / On Tap

4.3% Abv

21 Ibu

Malt: Melanoidin, Pilsner

Hops:Tradition

Yeast: House Lager

When in Doubt is all harmony. It begins with a single note, a clean and delicate pilsner malt reminiscent of freshly baked bread. Tradition hops add hints of wildflower and subtle bitterness, and our crisp lager yeast pulls it all together. In the end, this refreshing Munich-style Helles is greater than the sum of its parts and – when in doubt – always a good call.”

Sounds like a nice Helles – like the ones from Sly Fox, Victory, Stoudts,…

Cheers!

4. IPAExpert69

IPAExpert69 Initiate (191) Aug 2, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Trader

BEST NEWS I'VE GOTTEN ALL DAY

5. Giantspace

Giantspace Crusader (707) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Wish I had one in my fridge right now. Nice mix. The two beers I’ve had are good and most of their beers are worth buying.

Will be looking for this one.

Enjoy

6. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (1,904) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

My store got it on 6/5. It's selling for 20 and change. Cheers.

7. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,767) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society

The problem with Troegs' beers around here is not when it shows up (tho' it could a bit quicker based on date code) but:
    How long it'll be sticking around?

Still stacks of Nugget Nectar in stores I visit. I guess stores are ordering it as if it was 2009, not 19.

8. BeastOfTheNortheast

BeastOfTheNortheast Disciple (368) Dec 26, 2009 Pennsylvania

Field Study reminds me of a lighter Nimble Giant. Good pack indeed!

hillind likes this.
  9. cser

cser Initiate (51) Feb 12, 2015 Pennsylvania

Saw this yesterday in south central PA.

10. RobHB

RobHB Initiate (78) Aug 20, 2017 New Jersey

Been wanting to try When in Doubt since mybeerbuzz mentioned it last year and that Raspberry gose looks nice, too. Looks like this is a "summer companion" to the great winter "Wonderful Beer of the Year" sanpler.

11. jayrutgers

jayrutgers Initiate (192) Oct 29, 2011 New Jersey

Nugget Nectar collapsed this year in sales.

JackHorzempa likes this.
  12. ESHBG

ESHBG Aspirant (247) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

This is a solid pack for sure and will be in my fridge when I see it (according to their site it is not in my area yet). I am excited to try the Helles and Troegs needs to do more Lagers (and according to the site looks like it will be year round too).

This one really surprised me and I liked it a lot, thoroughly enjoyed the six pack.

The Raspberry Gose is good, the Boysenberry was great too and give that a try also if you see it.

RobHB and BeastOfTheNortheast like this.
  13. ESHBG

ESHBG Aspirant (247) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

When in Doubt Lager seems to be dropping in my area in six packs already and Nimble Giant is on its way:

Week of June 10: Most of PA
    Week of June 17: NJ, OH, VA, DE, MD, DC, rest of PA
    Week of June 24: MA, NY, CT, NC, rest of VA, MD

https://troegs.com/nimble/

BeastOfTheNortheast likes this.
  14. Tucquan

Tucquan Poo-Bah (2,897) Oct 11, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

It is indeed a good Helles. I had it as far back as 2015 and have sought it out each time it became available. Always seemed like a good candidate for a year-round beer to me.

15. jonphisher

jonphisher Initiate (190) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Anyone in south jersey see the variety pack yet? Such a great combo of beers in there.

16. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,767) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society

NJ Troeg's statewide distributor, Hunterdon, has it listed for release for Week of June 17th.

jonphisher likes this.
  17. DavidK1126

DavidK1126 Initiate (35) May 7, 2019 New Jersey
    Trader

I saw them in a Giant supermarket in Morrisville, PA, this week.

18. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Meyvn (1,270) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania

What a sweet pack. 15 great beers, the When in doubt helles is so good. Tried the rest yesterday and there is not an average beer in the bunch all were great.

19. BikeChef

BikeChef Aspirant (251) Dec 27, 2007 District of Columbia

This is an attractive pack— I’ll definitely pick it up if I can find it in my area. I don’t usually find kettle sours all that interesting, but I’ve loved Troegs’ Raspberry one.

20. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Poo-Bah (6,014) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

I was disappointed in the bottles of Field Study I drank from a recent 12 pack. Aroma was okay, but too thin for me.

21. onthebusin03

onthebusin03 Initiate (141) Jan 11, 2008 Pennsylvania

Just wanted to pop in and give another tip of the cap to When In Doubt. If that is the worst thing I'm drinking there, I'm doing just fine.

Field Study suffered for me because it came on the heels of Lollihop. Sort of a step down in almost every area, there.

They really frustrate me when their refusal to call these "tart ales" goses. Missing a great opportunity for education there, in my opinion.

22. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Poo-Bah (6,014) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

I think it's more accurate.

I hate it when breweries call a beer with added fruit and/or lactose a "Gose" just because it's kettle-soured.