Growlers on Hilton Head

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by Bung, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bung

Bung Pooh-Bah (2,577) Nov 5, 2007 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

Any locals know if this place has this place moved? In between TJ Max and the old Pigly Wigly is a booze and wine store and an empty store front that says craft beer above it. Their website doesn't say anything about closing/moving.

2. dmamiano

dmamiano Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2005 West Virginia

You know I was vacationing there in July and had heard rumors that closing was a possibility. Seemed to come from someone who had told me they were trying to buy it before the closing.
    That would be a shame if it is closed for good.

3. cardsfan

cardsfan Pundit (850) Jan 8, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

They haven't updated their tap list since 11/27 and if you read what's on some of the taps, it looks like they may have gone out of business. Super bummed about this.

4. Bung

Bung Pooh-Bah (2,577) Nov 5, 2007 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

My folks just retired by Bluffton, was kind of counting on this place for my selection there. Guess I will just be getting a Growler filled at River Dog like I did this last time.

5. deezy23

deezy23 Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2009 Georgia

Although the guys working this place were always meh I did frequent there in May for the family vaca week. Sad to hear - maybe someone else will fill in the new Kroger shopping center close by.

6. MrGaryFish

MrGaryFish Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2009 North Carolina

That sucks. Guess its CBX or Beer Growler in Sav

7. HeadforthePils

HeadforthePils Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2013 South Carolina

Growlers on Hilton Head did close shortly after the Piggly Wiggly in the shopping center closed. However, instead of going to CBX or Savannah, why not check out the Piggly Wiggly in Port Royal which is on the Northside of Beaufort County. They have over 30 beers on their growler station (largest Growler Station in Beaufort County) and over 200 different craft selections, including River Dog, Westbrook, Holy City, Bell's, Southern Tier, Allagash, Sweetwater, Three Head's Brewing, Dogfish Head, Founders, Duvel, etc.

They are located at 1347 Ribaut Rd., Port Royal, SC 29935. Or you can check out their facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/portroyalpigglywiggly

Bung likes this.
  8. Handle

Handle Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2009 North Carolina

While we're (sort of) on the subject: anyone know what's going on with Hilton Head Brewing Company? I put in several calls and e-mails to them regarding a book I was working on, but never heard back from them.

9. Fitze

Fitze Initiate (0) May 22, 2013 South Carolina
    Trader

You can get growler fills at The Lodge on HHI.

Growlers did close yes, I'm very upset about it.

Next time you are in town let me know, we can meet up and I can share my recommendations. Possibly also a IP trade or whatever.

I've lived on HHI/Bluffton since 2000.

cardsfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.