HammerHeart

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by sacrelicio, Jul 30, 2013.

1. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Feb 15, 2005 Minnesota

Opening Friday according to the Facebooks.

2. gatornation

gatornation Apr 18, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

those brews look awesome is it taphouse only? or will some TC/Lino Lakes pubs have it?

3. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Nov 12, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Very interesting beers, enjoyed them at APN. Hope to make it out there in the near future!

4. mjryan

mjryan Dec 22, 2007 Minnesota

Don't quote me, but I think they plan on distributing their draught beer in the metro.

5. psychotia

psychotia Jun 27, 2009 Minnesota

YEAH! so excited for this - I can support what mjryan said, at least that's what I was told by one of the owners. he did say they are taking it slow, so it might be a bit before it makes it out to their accounts.

6. Mplsmetro57

Mplsmetro57 Jan 30, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Best brewery @ APN IMO. Stoked to check out the taproom and looking forward to trying the coffee stout as well.

7. MNBeerGeek

MNBeerGeek Jun 25, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Wow there appear to be some nice creative selections there. Excited to try them out.

8. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Dec 10, 2006 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I love that they update Facebook, but completely neglect their website. Not everyone uses Facebook. Update the website please.

gatornation and ZAP like this.
  9. MNBeerGeek

Beer Trader

They must just be targeting the younger, hipper generation. :p

10. incutrav

incutrav Jan 16, 2007 Minnesota

I agree however I cant recall the last time I went to a brewery website for info rather then getting it from FB/Twitter. Really isnt that hard to update all at once-

11. Chaz

Chaz Feb 3, 2002 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

BlackMetal and Celtic-themed beers via "Snapchat" or GTFO.

12. ZAP

ZAP Dec 1, 2001 Minnesota

Did I miss the times they are open part on their FB page? Didn't see it or which days exactly either...

13. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Dec 27, 2010 Minnesota

He's actually young? haha

14. MNBeerGeek

Beer Trader

Haha I was totally kidding. And despite not being terribly old I'm not all that media-savvy.

15. incutrav

I saw mention somewhere of the potential of them doing 5L kegs? Im guessing that and their growler prices are going to be a few $$$, given the beer lineup

16. Chaz

Chaz Feb 3, 2002 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

The can-collector in me likes the idea of collecting those 5L "cans." :D

17. maximum12

maximum12 Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Not to far from my favorite fishing hole, I can see a stop in my near future...and really wish the 'f' didn't just break on my keyboard, typing with a pencil every few words sucks.

feloniousmonk and HomeBrewed like this.
  18. psychotia

psychotia Jun 27, 2009 Minnesota

well who is/was there? whatcha think?

19. lonewolfcry

lonewolfcry Dec 7, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

all I can say is get out there this place is awesome I'll post more later when I'm not driving

psychotia likes this.
  20. onenut

onenut Aug 16, 2007 Minnesota

The joint was packed. The habenero porter was very good.

21. lonewolfcry

Beer Trader

First off, the tap room is amazing - great character - very comfortable.
    Secondly, the staff is top notch - very friendly!
    Nathaniel was having a blast greeting the patrons & explaining his brewing processes.
    He cut his thumb pretty good while changing a keg, but he just threw some electrical/duct tape around his hand and went about his business (reminded me of Jesse in the movie Predator..."I don't got time to bleed!")

The Beer - Hell yes this is good!
    Wished I lived in Lino, and glad my brother in law does.

My favorites:
    Surtr's Flame - Smoked IPA - Fantastic! Think it came in @ 7% ABV
    Thor's Porter - Smoker porter w/habenero - Very good - can taste some heat - 10%
    Coffee/Oatmeal Stout (can't remember the name) - Outstanding! ABV?

You owe it to yourself to check this place out.
    No growlers yet, but that should be coming soon.
    Also was told of a Dry Stout in the barrels that should be ready in a week or so that was a big hit @ APN.

Get out there!

Also met a fellow BA (Mplsmetro57 - nice guy!).
    Nice to have a beer with you Paul - see you at Grumpy's on Monday!

22. sacrelicio

Here now, beer is excellent. Good balance on the smoked beers, enough malt and hops to carry the smoke. Rad space too. Service could use a little work.

23. DBijnagte

DBijnagte Dec 7, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Just got home from Hammerheart, wife loved the raspberry kolsch IPA. I had the English pale ale and the stout. Pale ale was fantastic. The stout was a little strong on the coffee, which drowned out the maple syrup it supposedly had in it, still a great beer though. Habanero porter kicked before I got there but I heard it was fantastic. All around a great place, if only it were closer.

24. incutrav

Al interesting sounding brews. What does a pint go for?

25. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Feb 23, 2013 Minnesota

Cripes! I'm going there tomorrow. Probably ~2:00PM or so. Haven't been this excited about new beer in a long time!

26. feloniousmonk

feloniousmonk Nov 14, 2002 Minnesota

It's much easier to FB/twitter. Get with it, Grandpas.

27. lonewolfcry

Beer Trader

My mistake - Austin was the happy Head Brewer with the all the tape on his hand.
    Sorry Nathaniel!

Also forgot about the Red Ale brewed with peat moss that I tried off my buddy's pour - very earthy with a little funk - nice!

28. mjryan

mjryan Dec 22, 2007 Minnesota

I think you mean peet smoked malt haha.

29. lonewolfcry

Beer Trader

Yes.

Austin explained the whole process to us.
    Very interesting, and very good.

30. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Feb 23, 2013 Minnesota

Checked them out today. They're good. Really good.
    Had these (don't remember the proper names):

Raspberry Kolshe IPA: Kind of a let down. It sounds so delicious, but it was pretty flat.
    Coffee Stout: This f*cker was not flat. The most coffee forward beer I have ever had. Seriously, like drinking a cup of black coffee.
    Peated Red: Awesome. Unique.
    Smoked IPA: This was the standout. One of the best beers I've ever had. Smokey and bitter. Nice backbone to it. I can't think of anything I've had that resembles it.

This is good shit. I didn't even get to try their porter or black IPA, which people are raving about. Check them out if you can.

31. sacrelicio

Yup, I thought the ras kolsch IPA was a bit odd. The coffee maple oatmeal stout had too much coffee. I would have liked to see more maple and oats shine through. The smoked IPA was great.

32. derekpk

derekpk Oct 22, 2010 Minnesota

I was there a week ago and second everything posted here in reviews. Can't wait to go back in a week or two when the BA stuff is ready.

33. JZossMPLS

JZossMPLS Jan 23, 2013 Minnesota

Can't wait to get up there. Fortunately it's only about 25 minutes from my place in Northeast.

34. denali55421

denali55421 Dec 30, 2010 Minnesota
    Subscriber

My wife and i went yesterday...Incredible beer, beautiful taproom (needs a few more actual "seating" options) but overall a great place! Now they just need growlers. Expect to meet a different crowd than you would at the metro taprooms but you won't be disappointed...We met several who thought this was the most forward development in town in years...Get up and taste!!

35. Mplsmetro57

Mplsmetro57 Jan 30, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

36. sacrelicio

Not sure if they are still on tap, but the Northern IPA and the oaked rye stout were on last weekend and were both really good.

37. MNPikey

MNPikey Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Their stout is great as well! I asked about bottles and they said 22oz bombers this fall!

sacrelicio likes this.
  38. maximum12

maximum12 Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

We came in from fishing to grab a pint just before they closed this past Saturday. The oaked rye stout was really good, Dublin Raid was so-so. I'll stop by again if we're in the area, seeming promising.

39. incutrav

Atmosphere is nice- I also have antler tap handles on my kegerator at home. Big fan.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe