Hardywood KCM

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by crow121, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crow121

crow121 Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2010 Maryland

Lines actually gonna start at 6am for a 1pm release? Saw details about music starting at 6. That seems a bit early.

2. mblackie

mblackie Devotee (336) Sep 19, 2010 California

Their website says music starts at 5:30 PM. That being said, I wouldn't be shocked if people start lining up by 6 AM or even earlier.

3. montman

montman Maven (1,278) Mar 10, 2009 Virginia
    Trader

I didn't see the post but it has to actually be 6pm for the music.

#3 montman, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  4. Shilt

Shilt Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 Virginia

Yeah, that's 6pm, not 6am. Also, there's no reason to line up that early or earlier. 4 bottle limit and bottle count pretty close to Trickery from what I've heard. Would not surprise me if it lasted until Sunday like the majority of the releases have been doing.

montman likes this.
  5. crow121

ha, my apologies. read that one wrong. i gotta leave by 2pm, so trying to gauge what time to show up. any suggestions would be appreciated!

6. montman

montman Maven (1,278) Mar 10, 2009 Virginia
    Trader

Not to pick on you specifically crow121 :wink:, but man it really speaks to the state of "people love lines for beer" nowadays that it seems plausible to anyone that a band would actually play at 6am before a 1pm release. haha.

7. Shilt

I would say if you line up by 11, you should be fine. Then again, I think a lot of people in RVA like to line up just to line up for something beer related, so who knows when people will actually start the line.

montman likes this.
  8. c64person

c64person Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2010 Michigan

I thought everyone agreed to just skip the line and just show up casually and will still get bottles?

9. crow121

only thought it was 6am because i recall some can release in PA that started at noon and the brewery hired food/coffee trucks for that morning starting at 7am. so they fully expected people to be there that early and thought, maybe hardywood thinks the same about KCM and lining up early

10. Shilt

I'd also suggest hitting Triple Crossing's new location while in town as they are debuting 16oz cans that day of Paranoid Alerdroid, Falcon Smash, and Battle Creek (probably the best of their lockout series of DIPA's).

ipas-for-life likes this.
  11. TomCat11

TomCat11 Pooh-Bah (2,062) Jul 21, 2012 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I don't think it's going to be as crazy as last year considering it was a dual release then and I'm sure they amped up supply a little more. Hopefully similar to Rum GBS since that's still available. That being said, I just hope KCM lasts until at least opening on Tues so I can grab it and assuming bottles will be brewery only.

12. Shilt

It's brewery only. Talked with one of the new brewers recently, and was told that Christmas Morning will be hitting distro, but KCM will be in house only.

TomCat11 likes this.
  13. CavemanRamblin

CavemanRamblin Initiate (0) Jun 19, 2014 North Carolina
    Deactivated

Anyone know if rum gbs will hit distro at all?

lupercmda likes this.
  14. wolfeman007

wolfeman007 Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2007 North Carolina

hmmm, I am headed up to Richmond with a crew of beer nerds for the weekend (this weekend) and from what I can tell the Triple Crossing Can release is Dec 10th... planning on spending lots of time at Answer/Mekong and Veil, Hardywood maybe check out Stone...any advise on where else to hit? I'm happy to bring up some stuff from NC if there is anything you guys are looking for...

15. jwd3

jwd3 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2015 Virginia

Nope.

16. TomCat11

TomCat11 Pooh-Bah (2,062) Jul 21, 2012 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

The canning release at TPC is the 10th but if you swing by the current location they do fill Crowlers so you can grab anything they have on tap.

You have the main spots covered. The Answer/Mekong, Triple Crossing, and Veil would be the must stops if you only had time for 3/4. Scott's Addition (where Veil is) is nice because it's walking distance to quite a few breweries and a cidery. HW of course has Christmas Morning releasing Sat and as of yesterday they still had bottles of GBS, Bourbon GBS and Rum GBS in the Tap Room. Stone is nice but I wouldn't substitute that for any stops if you are limited with time. There's nothing really special there that you cannot find on shelves. Just a big space to see in person.

Have a great trip up!

wolfeman007 likes this.
  17. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2012 Virginia

I was going to say the same. Once the bistro/beer garden opens I think it will be worth the stop.

wolfeman007 and TomCat11 like this.
  18. CavemanRamblin

CavemanRamblin Initiate (0) Jun 19, 2014 North Carolina
    Deactivated

Figured not. Thanks!

19. ShabamJenkins

ShabamJenkins Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2015 North Carolina

I'm thinking about making it to my first Hardywood release for KCM. Can I show up anytime on Saturday and pick up and pick up bottles? If I make it over it'll probably be with at least one parent (they live in Harrisonburg which I'd be visiting) and I don't really want to make them wait in line. If we can casually make our way over that afternoon and pick up bottles, that'd be perfect.

20. beernuts

beernuts Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia

Typically, yes, however the line probably won't die down until later, around 6. HOWEVER, last year everyone on here (probably me included) said to do this, and they ended up selling out with lots of people still in line. So who knows.

ShabamJenkins likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.