Heading down to N. Georgia, what to drink?

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by stillbo_baggins, Mar 5, 2013.

1. stillbo_baggins

stillbo_baggins Dec 23, 2012 New York

I'm heading down to a cabin in the mountains near Tiger, GA this weekend. What's good down there? Preferably something I can find at the grocery store.

2. funkymonk242

funkymonk242 Apr 7, 2011 Georgia

You will probably only be able to get some year round offerings from Sweetwater, Terrapin ,and maybe Red Hare. I don't really get up into the mountains that far so I can't say for sure...Good luck!

3. UNCCTDawg

UNCCTDawg Nov 30, 2011 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Terrapin & Sweetwater are some of GA's best and you'll be able to find them at any store in GA probably

4. gaweso

gaweso Jan 23, 2009 Georgia

How are you getting there? You're probably better off picking up something on the way (in Atlanta, Asheville, Greenville, SC . . .)

5. stillbo_baggins

driving straight down from CNY, we'll go right through Asheville.

6. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 May 6, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

are you looking for a soul to steal?

7. CarolinaKevin

CarolinaKevin Feb 28, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

He may be in a bind, cause he's way behind and he's looking to make a deal....

8. BigGene

BigGene Oct 30, 2010 Florida

I know what you wont be drinking, Anything over 12% ABV. ;)

9. gaweso

gaweso Jan 23, 2009 Georgia

I would stop in Asheville at either Appalachian Vintner or Bruisin' Ales. Lots of good NC breweries and more Sweetwater/Terrapin than you'll find around Tiger. As mentioned, you could probably find Sweetwater and Terrapin closer to where you're staying, but I wouldn't bet on it (and what you find might not be fresh).

10. stillbo_baggins

Thanks for all the help! Looking forward to this first trip down to the south.

11. UNCCTDawg

UNCCTDawg Nov 30, 2011 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

If you hear banjos.... RUN!!!! :eek:

CarolinaKevin likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe