Heading to CO for a week.

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by bingenbrew, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bingenbrew

bingenbrew Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2012 Illinois

Hello all,

I'm heading out to CO for the first time from Chicago.We are leaving Saturday night and will be arriving on Sunday 3/30. We know the breweries that we are going to be hitting but I was wondering, what would be some bars/bottle shops to check out? We will be staying in Fort Collins for a couple of nights, then we will be staying in Denver for the rest of our trip

Also, I'll bringing some things out to trade if anyone is interested. We have a lot of great nano breweries in Chicago( Spiteful, Pipeworks, Only Child, etc) that I have access too. I will also be making a trip over to FFF this Thursday in hopes of getting the elusive Zombie Dust. Send me a message if you want to set up an in person trade.

Cheers!

2. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2010 Colorado

Ft Collins check out Choice City (lunch), Tap & Handle, Mayor of Old Town and Black Bottle (brewery too) for bars. Wilbur's, Supermarket and 287 for bottle shops.

denver10 likes this.
  3. MosinMan762

MosinMan762 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2013 Ohio

I spent a few days in Denver a few weeks ago and had a blast. My favorite bar downtown was Freshcraft. I spent several quality hours there and really enjoyed it. Great beer, great service. Went to a few liquor stores downtown but the only one that sticks out was Mr. B's. They were extremely friendly and were willing to help me find some beers that would make my friends back home very jealous. If you are in a hurry I also found one along 16th Street under a MMA bar, of all things. I can't remember the name but I stumbled in there a few times to pick up sixers of Modus Hoperandi, which quickly became my go to beer out there.
    Denver is awesome. Have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.