Heading to Jacksonville...

Discussion in 'US - South' started by CD83, Aug 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD83

CD83 Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2014 Michigan

Hello fellow BA's-

Heading to Jax for a week (Sept 13-18) and looking for cool bottle shops where I can possibly grab some bottles to take back home to the great state of MI. I've seen a few threads that say Total Wine or Beer:30 as good bottle shops, but would like some peoples input on where to go/spend my time, as it will be fairly limited. Also looking for some co bars (preferably near Jax Landing, but able to travel). Also, if its ahead of time, I wouldn't mind planning some IP trades for Last Snow or any fairly limited offering in the Sunshine State. What say you, south Atlantic B.A.'ers?

Thank you in advance.

2. HopDawg03

HopDawg03 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2015 Georgia

I'm not a local but I enjoy Aardwolf, Intuition, and Green Room breweries when I go to Jax.

3. gator79

gator79 Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2008 Florida

Aardwolf in San Marco and Intuition in Riverside are both great. There is also 2 locations of Beer:30, one in San Marco and one in Riverside. The Beer:30 in San Marco has a Bar where you can have a beer or 2 while you shop, or fill a growler. All of those places should be within reasonable driving distances from the landing. If you go to Aardwolf on a Wednesday night I will probably be there. Hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

4. Tim_Brack

Tim_Brack Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2014 Florida

Agree on Aardwolf and Intuition if you are downtown Jax. If you do get over to Intuition stop by KickBacks which is just up the road, great bar with an unreal selection. A new brewery that is getting going is Veterans United and you can find their Ragin Blonde and Hop Banshee IPA in cans, both are solid.

5. chinchill

chinchill Poo-Bah (10,889) Feb 29, 2008 South Carolina
    Society

I am a regular visitor and have just returned from a visit. I particularly like Engine 15 [a brewpub with lots of guest taps and a few bombers sold to go], Intuition, Aardwolf, and Green Room. Also, there's a natural foods market very near Kickbacks that has a fine selection of beers.

6. CASK1

CASK1 Disciple (316) Jan 7, 2010 Florida

7. CD83

CD83 Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2014 Michigan

Really appreciate the help guys, I will definitely hit up a few of these spots when in town! @CASK1 that's an awesome map, sir, really appreciate it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.