Heading to Nashville

Discussion in 'South' started by TheEdmund, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Justin42

Justin42 Aspirant (216) Apr 3, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

We had an awesome and delicious weekend, thank you all for the great suggestions. Friday night we had dinner at Chauhan Ale & Masala house; not a big beer program but the food was great. Grabbed a drink after dinner at the Filling Station, fun little spot and lots of great options. Saturday we had lunch at Butchertown in Germantown, great bbq and solid tap list. After that headed over to Bearded Iris, they do half pours for $3-4, which is a bargain for someone used to Boston prices! Everything was delicious, some of the best NEIPAs I've had outside of, well, New England (and NY). Highly recommended. Grabbed some beers at Craft Brewed before dinner on Sunday, tons of great options there as well. Can't wait to go back!

2. imtroy703

imtroy703 Initiate (104) Nov 13, 2009 Tennessee

I could get their within 15 minutes.

FYI:
    Saturday's "half-off beer" is at Honky Tonk from 1:00-6:00
    Sunday's half off is Blackstone

3. SmittyinUpstate

SmittyinUpstate Initiate (58) Aug 27, 2015 New York

Half off? Excellent!

Thanks.

4. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Devotee (456) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Society Trader

While BI will not disappoint on the hops side, you'd be doing yourself a disservice in not at minimum equally prioritizing a visit to Southern Grist as well.

Edit: And while BI does 1/2 pours (8oz) of everything, which is great, SG does 5oz pours of everything, which is even better from a sampling perspective.

imyourhero21 likes this.
  5. SmittyinUpstate

SmittyinUpstate Initiate (58) Aug 27, 2015 New York

I hear ya, but trip is the wife's birthday gift so I'm only getting one brewery to drink at this go around, and I love the juice. Rest of trip is for her. Happy wife, happy life.

6. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Devotee (456) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Society Trader

Where are you planning on a special dinner? Because if it is in Germantown (think City House, Rolf & Daughters, 5th and Taylor), you can parlay that into a visit to BI beforehand for an hour to grab *drinks. Then you could use your specified brewery time at SG :sunglasses: that doubled fruited vanilla black currant boysenberry Hill is something to behold...either way, enjoy!