Help Adding Images to Forum Posts

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by SierraNevallagash, Aug 1, 2019.

1. landrewg

landrewg Initiate (143) Nov 11, 2008 Michigan
    Trader

Is there a way to upload directly from my shitty android LG phone to BA?

Boomer vs tech = not a fair fight.

PapaGoose03 and BBThunderbolt like this.
  2. MNAle

MNAle Poo-Bah (2,195) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota
    Society

Just a caution: Dropbox is not a backup service. It is a file sharing service. If you delete a file on one of the devices sharing the Dropbox folder, it will be deleted on all devices sharing that folder.

It has some file recovery capability, sure. But, it is not intended as, and does not operate as, a backup service.

Bitterbill likes this.
  3. MNAle

MNAle Poo-Bah (2,195) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota
    Society

No one can upload photos to any BA forum post, regardless of your device. You can only link to them. This means they must be hosted elsewhere, such as the several photo hosting sites discussed in this thread.

(You do upload photos to the beer database, but that is for the limited purpose of illustrating the beer in question, and it has very strict file size and photo resolution requirements.)

Bitterbill, PapaGoose03 and landrewg like this.
  4. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (7,879) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society

I use https://bulkresizephotos.com/en for adding images for the beer's page.

https://*/ for adding pics to posts.

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  5. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Meyvn (1,229) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey

With the post images problem, I tried to go back to Imgur but there is no code to copy and paste.
    When I click on the share icon it gives me options to share it via text and other things. The only thing it had was copy link but when I did that it showed up as a link on BA (duh). No picture posted.

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  6. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (8,935) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

Yup, that was the change that pushed me away from imgur. pointless.

DrStiffington likes this.