Home bar pics

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by Nixer36, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Nixer36

Nixer36 Initiate (21) Apr 5, 2016 Minnesota
    Trader

I am sure this thread is out there, but in the process of finishing my bar at my new house and with people havin so many lines and interesting things going on would love to see pictures. If thread is open please post otherwise please share your pictures. Some inspiration can go along way!

2. matthewp

matthewp Aspirant (226) Feb 27, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

There are several threads out there with great pics. The most recent one is locked and I presume all are locked given the mods move towards creating threads that don't last more than one year. I had a great location for a home bar and then my mother in law moved in... Someday I'll have my bar and office back.

dapatriot1 and PortLargo like this.
  3. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,830) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Here's a pic of my bar that I built around 20 years ago. The bar top and each of the front and side panels are the good side of 3 damaged hollow-core interior doors that I picked up on the cheap for a couple bucks each. The length and width of each door dictated the dimensions of the bar since cutting hollow-core doors and dealing with the hollow edges can be tricky. The top is an entire door; the two end panels are a narrow-width door cut in half, the two front panels are cut in half from the same standard-width door. I purchased some 1-by oak boards for trim and then finished off the trim with some oak moulding, both of which make up 95% of the cost of the door. A couple coats of polyurethane and some padding covered by faux leather attached to the edges provided the final touches.

P.S. The entire bar is built onto a 2x4 framework that has one knee-height end-to-end shelf at the back and one this is half width at waist height. The void in the space without the half shelf allows a space for a dorm-sized fridge. No plumbing.

[​IMG]

#3 PapaGoose03, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    SABERG, Shanex, adrock314 and 10 others like this.
  4. matthewp

matthewp Aspirant (226) Feb 27, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Very nice, I like the bottle display on the walls. I've never been a big collector of bottles mainly because I have nowhere to showcase them. I recently saved off a few bottles from a favorite brewery that closed down.

What's behind the bar? It looks like the middle section of the wall might have some sort of door or compartment. Do you have a beer fridge in the bar or glassware?

5. PapaGoose03

Society

I edited my post with some more details that answer some of your questions. The center section of the wall behind the bar (and hidden by the beer case) has an 18x24 inch 'back bar countertop' that has some glasses stored on it, and a space below that I had planned to add a door with a lock to store the hard stuff, but I never got around to doing that.

matthewp likes this.
  6. riptorn

riptorn Disciple (383) Apr 26, 2018 North Carolina
    Society Trader

@PapaGoose03 are there any exact duplicates of beer bottles? Looks like a nice place to have a beer, or ten.

7. PapaGoose03

Society

@riptorn There are less that a dozen bottles that I collected when a brewery had a new label design for a beer, so some bottles are style matches from the same brewery but no bottles are identical repeats. I have two bottles of Founders Breakfast Stout (one with the kid eating his cereal and one without the kid), and two bottles of Founders CBS (one with the Mountie on the horse and one without). Another oddball 'set' is a beer that has the label on correctly and another bottle where it's upside-down.

I quickly realized that I can't double up on label differences like that because I was already aware that I was running out of space. (I probably have 700-800 bottles in cases, so I did finally fill my display shelf space before I cured my 'sickness'.) That Three Stooges beer case on the bar is full of empty bottles that all use the same label, but there are three different caps on them.

matthewp and riptorn like this.
  8. dapatriot1

dapatriot1 Initiate (151) Jul 7, 2020 New York
    Trader

[​IMG]
    this is my bare i made for my back yard patio
    i made it out of two wood pallets and a piece of deck board
    went with a Caribbean theme

Scrapss and PapaGoose03 like this.
  9. dapatriot1

Trader

thats awesome...love it!
    ps how did you insert the picture so big?

10. PapaGoose03

Society

Welcome to the BA site, dapatriot1. You'll love it here.

From your description, it looks like your avatar pic is probably your new bar that you built, but to add a larger pic inside a post you have to upload your pic to a third party hosting site. Imgur.com is a popular site and is the one that I use. It's free.

Once you upload your pic to the Imgur site, go to that pic in your Imgur library and copy the Direct Link on the right side of that page (among 4-5 other links) to your clipboard. Then once you have placed your cursor in a post where you want to pic to appear, click on the Image icon on the edit bar above the posting window (just right of the Smiley Face) and paste the link from your clipboard onto the line in the dialog box and click done.

dapatriot1 and riptorn like this.
  11. dapatriot1

Trader

thanks man,
    yes that is my little bar

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  12. dapatriot1

Trader

[​IMG]

thats a little better thats my outside patio bar so far

sweetsimon, Scrapss, Jaycase and 4 others like this.
  13. dapatriot1

Trader

these are the bar stools i made for the bar [​IMG]

sweetsimon, Scrapss, Jaycase and 3 others like this.
  14. dapatriot1

Trader

and two more i made before i primed them[​IMG]

15. PapaGoose03

Society

It looks like you're putting some bottle caps to good use too. I can't be sure from the pic, but some of the caps look like they might be bent. Pro top: put a quarter on top of the cap before you pry on it. And a closed-loop opener is more gentle on the crimps than a 'church key' style opener.

Great job on the bar as well as the stools.

16. dapatriot1

Trader

Thank you buddy.
    The bottle caps are bent, mostly from me nailing them to the bar...lol. i honestly like the bent "used" look most of them are twist offs too...lol
    the quarter trick sounds pretty cool though
    and what is this closed loop opener?

Scrapss likes this.
  17. PapaGoose03

Society

I don't know the real name of this style but the opener on the right below is what I call a closed loop opener, although I also sometimes refer to it as a D-style opener. The other one in the pic is what I refer to as a church key opener. (There is another major style of opener that I also call a church key but I don't have one of them to picture it. It's frequently found at the end of one handle on a can opener.

Maybe someone has names for these that are more correct.
    [​IMG]

Scrapss and dapatriot1 like this.
  18. invertalon

invertalon Devotee (487) Jan 27, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Here is my brewery nook, or whatever you want to call it. Just off to the left is a 4-seat bar table, to the right a fireplace.

4 tap keezer, loaded up with purchased beer as well. Garage is right outside this room, attached, that contains the beer fridge. Basement holds all the brewing equipment, ferm and lager chambers, and my aging cellar.

[​IMG]

19. dapatriot1

Trader

that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Scrapss and invertalon like this.
  20. dapatriot1

Trader

just made my second home bar
    what do you think of this one?
    made out of 2 old pallets
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SABERG, sweetsimon, Scrapss and 2 others like this.
  21. Nixer36

Nixer36 Initiate (21) Apr 5, 2016 Minnesota
    Trader

All great stuff, fun to see everyone's happy places. I just ordered my shuffleboard table last night! Will be a few weeks before i get it, but will have t repost pictures of when i get the final piece of my bar. for now...

PapaGoose03 likes this.