Home Brew Equip. Purchase Inquiry

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by TreyAD, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreyAD

TreyAD Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2016 Italy

Hello all,

My wife and I moved to Italy from California a few months ago and we are finally starting to settle in. With that being said, I am in the market for a good home brew set-up.

I do not live in Northern Italy so home brew supply stores are virtually non-existent for me. I have, however, found someone willing to part with their entire set-up. I would like to know if their asking price is reasonable or if I should just order offline (keep in mind shipping prices).

The seller is asking 650.00 (I talked him down to 630.00)USD for the following equipment.

- 10gal Blichman Boiler Maker
    - 10gal Igloo Mash Tun with false bottom
    - Speidel 30L fermentor
    - Exchillerator Counterflow Wort Chiller
    - Silicone hosing with MoreBeer stainless disconnects on all equipment
    - 100 swing top bottles (35 green Grolsch and 65 brown Fischer)
    - Bayou Classic Burner

Thank you in advance for any input you may have!

2. zizouandyuki

zizouandyuki Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2015 Texas

I added some pricing to the items listed above. My guess is that you could get all of this new for around $750 with tax and shipping. Without knowing the condition of all of these items, it's difficult to say whether or not it's worth the savings.

I'm not a big fan of Blichmann's kettles, but many others love them. I feel the build quality isn't as good as Ss Brewtech's, and for roughly the same amount of money, you can have this bad boy: http://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/kettles/products/ss-kettle-10-gal-brewmaster-edition. You'll need to add the Thermometer, which is another $35. If you want to save money, their standard 10 gal kettle is essentially the same as the Blichmann, and still better in my opinion.

Overall, it just depends on whether or not you like the pieces more than other available options at the same price point. If you like this setup and it's in good condition, then it very well may be a good deal.

3. NickTheGreat

NickTheGreat Maven (1,336) Oct 28, 2010 Iowa
    Trader

I got up to $800 if you bought the stuff new, and that's not including the tubing or the bottles. Shipping would surely be pricey.

I haven't seen the stuff, but if it's in good shape, and you have the cash, it seems like an okay deal to me. Especially given your circumstances.

1beerbaron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.