Hoof Hearted

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by AlienSwineFlu, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CapCollector16

CapCollector16 Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2015 Ohio

Does Hoof fill 32oz growlers?

2. Jmalo

Jmalo Initiate (155) Apr 12, 2016 Ohio
    Trader

I know they will fill 2 in lieu of a 64oz. Not sure if they will fill a single 32oz.

3. Josbor11

Josbor11 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2013 Ohio

I didn't know they offered this. Do you have to fill the same beer in each 32 oz or can you get two different ones? Getting two different ones would be awesome but I would imagine unless they both cost the same price for 64 it would be a no go.

4. JArt

JArt Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2013 Pennsylvania

They definitely fill 32 oz growlers and don't quote me on this, I believe that they charge you for two pints rather than, half of a full fill. So, I do not believe that they would force you to get the same beer or even two 32 oz growlers filled.

5. Swettenham_Shire

Swettenham_Shire Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2014 Ohio

I'll quote you - you're right

CapCollector16 likes this.
  6. BigSpeen3436

BigSpeen3436 Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2013 Ohio

I was charged the price of a pint for a 32oz growler. Not sure if that was an accident or not but I didn't see it until I got home.

7. Swettenham_Shire

About 30 tickets just fell through

pest likes this.
  8. pest

pest Disciple (372) Sep 2, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

TY sir. I had just given up on refreshing when I saw your post and was able to snag one.

Swettenham_Shire likes this.
  9. CapCollector16

CapCollector16 Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2015 Ohio

Ill be coming in on 70 west, 270 to 71 north on Sunday. Anywhere along the way I'd have a shot at finding Bodhi?

10. PJ_

PJ_ Initiate (152) Nov 13, 2014 Massachusetts

There are a few Giant Eagles and Krogers along that route. Google map it and plan the stops.

11. Josbor11

Looks like roughly another 100 tickets to be released for Blabe either tomorrow or Saturday. Hoping to score one, came up empty handed on Weds.

ohiobeer29 likes this.
  12. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Ohio

Any chatter of the left over Musk cans being sold at this Blabe release? I know it was mentioned a bit ago that it will likely be at the pool party coming up.

13. gilligantrips

gilligantrips Initiate (82) Jun 4, 2015 Ohio

The brewpub's Instagram just confirmed that Musk and Dancin' in the Ruins cans will be at the pool party, so I'd say it's doubtful.

14. wyckyd_sceptre

wyckyd_sceptre Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2013 Pennsylvania

Super n00b question but - I'm driving home on Sunday from a dumb family visit in Lima and was lucky enough to grab Blabe tickets. What are the releases like? Can I show up any time and walk in and out or should I expect to wait a while? Bottle sharing cool? Thanks

15. gilligantrips

12-5pm is fair game as long as you have a ticket. Since the ticketing started, I haven't waited more than 15 mins in line. Bottle sharing is cool and usually done before the event opens.

16. invertalon

invertalon Devotee (498) Jan 27, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Wish it wasn't going to be 90 degrees, again, on Sunday... Just too hot to be sitting outside all day. I can't wait until it drops back in the 70's!

ohiobeer29 and JArt like this.
  17. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Ohio

Are you able to get through as quickly (for cans only) with bigger releases like this (Konkey, Blabe...)?

18. Swettenham_Shire

^ Konkey moved extremely slow, but it all depends on when you show up. If you can avoid the early rush, arrive close to 4 and you'll be in and out in 5 mins

19. invertalon

Trader

That bottle share sounds lame... Done by noon? We go until about 4-5pm typically! ha

@Dan_Bowman

Konkey was quite long (20-30min) the entire time up until the very end. But every other release is nearly no wait at all beyond the first half hour to an hour after open. Musk I went up and grabbed my cans no wait at all around 1pm.

Dan_Bowman likes this.
  20. Josbor11

Hoof tickets for Sunday up now.

21. Josbor11

Genuinely shocked at how slow they are selling after the two minute sellout on Weds. Thinking people have no idea they are even available.

ohiobeer29 likes this.
  22. gilligantrips

I would guess that Austin Street Collab (Yann Bandaña) and the South African Hopped DIPA are somewhere in the pipeline. Not sure if the former is being canned though.

EDIT: actually not sure on Yann Bandaña for cans. Looks hazy AF though.

#1862 gilligantrips, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  23. PJ_

It's 2016 and social media provides a great marketing venue for business. Waaaaaaay easier to post something quick that will reach a shit ton of people compared to updating a website with less traffic. You can just create a fake account on multiple platforms to follow breweries and keep up to date . It's called progress.

ohiobeer29 likes this.
  24. ohiobeer29

ohiobeer29 Defender (649) Feb 2, 2013 Ohio

Said the same thing was able to get a ticket with ease then shared it on fb

25. ohiobeer29

ohiobeer29 Defender (649) Feb 2, 2013 Ohio

Back to Hoof talk can't wait for blabe today was pretty tasty when I had it at a bottle share from a growler interested to see how it compares to this batch hope the rain stays away

26. pyite

pyite Initiate (176) Feb 25, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

Anyone know what the tap list is for today? Also hope that Austin Street comes to brew that colab here the reviews look great.

27. PJ_

Blabe, Musk, Ivories, Dancin' in the Ruins

pyite likes this.
  28. wyckyd_sceptre

Second and third super n00b questions. Can you get pints there? Do they have merch there as well?

29. Nhens0016

Nhens0016 Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 Louisiana

You can get pints and I know they have glasses that they sell but I can't remember if they have t-shirts. The brew pub probably does.

hangdrop and wyckyd_sceptre like this.
  30. wyckyd_sceptre

Awesome thanks. Looks like I'll be having more family time with our cousins in Westerville in the near future. Only on Sundays.

ohiobeer29 likes this.
  31. Wolfpac78

Wolfpac78 Initiate (128) Feb 18, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

Is there currently a wait for cans? Out and about with wife and baby and may take a detour up there now if not - otherwise may have to wait until the crowd dies down

32. Mshull

Mshull Disciple (384) Mar 26, 2013 Ohio

Looks like they brought the haze back with this batch of Blabe

33. chick175

chick175 Initiate (11) Sep 5, 2015 Ohio

There's maybe a 5-10 minute wait now...

34. gilligantrips

Any word for what's "up next"?

They've changed their profile picture on social media (lol) to the South African Hopped DIPA ("I'll Have What She's Having"). Wondering if that's any indication.

35. wyckyd_sceptre

Hoof Hearted was rad. Thanks for the info everyone. Love the middle of nowhere, loud music, shitty barn vibe. Had a couple of pints with my family, grabbed my cans, and a growler in like 45 minutes. Good shit. Hope to be back soon.

Elkevjoe, Josbor11, PJ_ and 2 others like this.
  36. gilligantrips

Sidepipin' is next-- the event was just posted on Facebook. 400 ticket allotment, but tickets are free this time around (you do need one for the barcode scan).

37. Nhens0016

Anyone hear anything about next sunday? I will be making my trip through so wanted to see if anything of note was releasing!

38. invertalon

Trader

Look at the post right before yours!

gilligantrips and Sabtos like this.
  39. Nhens0016

Sorry was talking about Sep 11th weekend, not this coming.

40. Runofthedill

Runofthedill Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 Ohio

they have to take a weekend off sooner or later right? We are currently on like 5 in a row.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.