Hoof Hearted

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by AlienSwineFlu, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josbor11

Josbor11 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2013 Ohio

Lol just digging your own grave further and further. You're not doing yourself any favors.

2. jampics2

jampics2 Pooh-Bah (2,340) Dec 19, 2008 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Nah, I'll be just fine. Thanks for your concern though!!

3. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Maven (1,477) Feb 14, 2012 Ohio

What's that saying?

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Just gonna leave that here.........

4. Josbor11

Cracked my first SOE can last night, dangerously crushable for 10.2% and way better than the last time they canned it IMO.

5. Madcap74

Madcap74 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2013 Ohio

SOE's tasting pretty good to me.

Anyone know when the next release is?

6. invertalon

invertalon Pooh-Bah (2,065) Jan 27, 2009 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

April 3rd for Inflatable Time Machine I believe it is.

7. Josbor11

Is this a sour IPA?

8. Sabtos

Sabtos Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,486) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'm totally fine with people arguing, complaining, bitching, moaning about a brewery or beer they don't like in a thread specifically targeted at that brewery. It's on topic, IMO. The rest of us here can expand the dialogue, agree or disagree.

If someone is just here to insult a brewery without any valid points just because they have a personal grudge or want to troll, that's an entirely different thing. While I found DoubleEE to be more vindictive and less substantive than the others that had contrary opinions, for the most part I don't see that happening here.

I've noticed inconsistencies as well, and some of the most hyped up Hoof IPAs, Musk specifically, haven't tickled my fancy as much as some less hyped, non-IPA offerings, like Cultrider, Belloq, and Mom Jeans. However, Konkey is still tops for me, but I have only had one batch of that.

Hmm you'd think they'd have announced it since they normally sell on Wednesdays...weird.

You named your dog after a Patrick Swayze character?! :grinning:

That would be a new one for me...any other upcoming releases?

BuckeyeBeerhead likes this.
  9. BuckeyeBeerhead

BuckeyeBeerhead Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Ok, that was funny haha.

10. Nhens0016

Nhens0016 Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 Louisiana

So I want to give it up to Hoof Hearted for this version of South of Eleven. I think this beer is a fantastic DIPA and one that I am kinda pissed off I didn't get that third 4-pack. This beer is what I want and a great example of what I expected from this brewery. Roller Blabe might have been a little off to me, but this beer is one reason why I will be making a trip to the Columbus area to grab a couple more six packs on some weekends. Here's to you Hoof!

Sabtos likes this.
  11. Sabtos

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Right on, I just cracked my first can, and it's really tasty. Just finished reviewing it.

12. Nhens0016

Nhens0016 Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 Louisiana

SAME! I was down on Roller Blabe, but this beer is exactly what I wanted!

Sabtos likes this.
  13. AlienSwineFlu

AlienSwineFlu Savant (1,135) Dec 14, 2012 Ohio

Currently enjoying a Roller Blabe... I'm starting to see what people mean with this whole 2-weeks things. This is 11 days post-release and it tastes noticeably better to me now than it did on day 1.

JohnnyMc, Sabtos and Dan_Bowman like this.
  14. Bogforce

Bogforce Initiate (0) Sep 2, 2010 Ohio

I assume they are canning all of these beers a little early giving them a murky unfinished look leaving yeast in suspension. I could see why giving the cans a week or two would benefit the flavor and aroma of the beer.

Dan_Bowman likes this.
  15. nvlps

nvlps Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2013 Ohio

Not to pile on (I haven't even had any Platform beer yet, and I do look forward to trying it) but being a mile from Hoof and Seventh Son isn't going to help 'em much either.

16. CaptCleveland

CaptCleveland Maven (1,390) Jun 18, 2003 Ohio
    Trader

Actually, being walking distance or a short drive works best for exposure. W25th in Cleveland as an example.

17. nvlps

nvlps Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2013 Ohio

Whoops! I actually meant that for a different thread. I guess it works here, though!

18. Sabtos

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

lol I was wondering! The New to Ohio thread I assume...

19. Mshull

Mshull Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2013 Ohio

Saw a few people iso dragonsaddle this morning and my heart skipped a beat, only to find out they are just likely new traders

20. Swettenham_Shire

Swettenham_Shire Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2014 Ohio

Waiting patiently for this bad boy to rear it's head again. Gotta be soon, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.