How accessible is Bourbon County in your area?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by MadeInTheMitten, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadeInTheMitten

MadeInTheMitten Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2015 Michigan

Although, I must admit.. Saying "Are you on the list?" When people asked for KBS was pretty awesome!

2. MadeInTheMitten

And to whoever said something about InBev taking our old stuff back ..

Yes, they are mostly on-point with returns. It's just the occasional single beers/single six packs/broke items are more of a pain in the ass to return than they should be. But they always treat you like a human-being when thier boss is around!!

3. dennis3951

dennis3951 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

thanks

4. ptrck_nl

ptrck_nl Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2015 Netherlands

Bourbon County accessible while living in Europe? Enough said...

5. Brolo75

Brolo75 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California
    Deactivated

I work for an AB distributor in California and in order to receive Bourbon County allocations our accounts had to be willing to carry as much Goose Island as possible, those with best Goose Island portfolio received the biggest allocation. In my area the largest allocation was two accounts that received 5 cases each, others got 1-3 cases.
    As far as not picking up old beer, that will you get fired at my distributor.

6. Brolo75

Brolo75 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California
    Deactivated

At my AB distributor volume sold and willingness to carry Goose Island's year round beers are the two biggest factors. If one of my accounts was willing to place a Goose Island display in their store regardless of volume, they received an allocation.

jzeilinger likes this.
  7. zeff80

zeff80 Poo-Bah (12,612) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri
    Society

The release it on Black Friday. I'm never at home during Thanksgiving so I never see any where I live. It's gone before I get back, unless a bar holds a keg of it.

8. jimbosco

jimbosco Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2014 Connecticut

I've had it before, didn't love it, but I always see it on the shelf still at my local store.

9. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008 Ohio

Not losing sleep on it...but the 12% abv cap that's another matter, bureaucratic NONSENSE. Those keeping this nonsense in place and on the books deserve a Jackie Treehorn style goon squad swirly & a golden shower from Woo.:astonished:

10. paulys55

paulys55 Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2010 Pennsylvania

They're not very clear about it. I just try to keep Matilda or Sofie on as often as possible and throw in one of their regulars once in a while for insurance. Got a decent amount of BC stuff last year so fingers crossed for this year.

TongoRad likes this.
  11. Pisthetaerus

Pisthetaerus Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2014 Connecticut

What store, price? Kind of in the mood for some.

12. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2011 New Jersey

Well in Sheridan, WY we get cases of it but it DOES NOT MOVE!!!! I may think about trying ONE more time if BCBS is my taste or not...

13. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (7,858) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Those are both good beers. :slight_smile:

paulys55 and TongoRad like this.
  14. djsmith1174

djsmith1174 Initiate (0) Aug 21, 2005 Minnesota

Haven't seen it in years, but I'm also not looking very hard. Too many other readily accessible beers to be had these days. That's not to say Bourbon County is not a great beer, it is. I would likely buy it if I saw it and it were reasonably priced. I'm just not interested in the chase at all.

charlzm likes this.
  15. Bigdoc91

Bigdoc91 Aspirant (241) Aug 30, 2014 Texas

In Georgia? Where?

16. bgold86

bgold86 Crusader (753) Apr 1, 2015 New York
    Trader

Here in NYC I know of a few places that have some nice amount of stock, but good luck finding a variant...

17. swedishmailman

swedishmailman Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2013 Georgia

Valdosta.

18. Alteredstate

Alteredstate Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2015 New Jersey

Comes around once a year, and it's one per customer:angry: I have it in the basement and I will enjoy next year

19. MadeInTheMitten

Forgot to mention that we DO have a GI display as well. We buy way too many cases from InBev(two orders a week) to not at least get ONE case.. C'mon!

20. foundersfan1

foundersfan1 Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2014 Missouri

They had a tapping of the Coffee Stout at a bar in Soulard last weekend and it lasted all of 15 minutes (at 10 AM)!! So even in St Louis it can be quite scarce.

21. CoffeePorter

CoffeePorter Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2015 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

I still see the occasional 4 pack sitting on shelves

22. Bigdoc91

Bigdoc91 Aspirant (241) Aug 30, 2014 Texas

Damn. Of all places. Is it like $15 a bottle? Definitely havent seen any in Savannah or Statesboro. The last crazy beer in our area was CBS on tap at the the Distillery but it didnt even last a night.

23. Zimbo

Zimbo Savant (956) Aug 7, 2010 Scotland

If you knew were to look you could find it in Scotland or in the other countries which inhabit this island. Think its all gone now though. :slight_frown:

24. Beerleon

Beerleon Initiate (144) Oct 7, 2011 Texas
    Trader

I know it comes in at the LBS in Washington, but only because I see their Facebook posts. I have only seen it on the shelves of one tiny LBS in Northeast Oregon while I was visiting family. I picked up 16 bottles to share with family and friends.

25. StartedwithSAM

StartedwithSAM Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2015 Virginia

Not very, one or two places and the its still not accessible ($$$)

26. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (3,724) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Society Trader

Not very. I think it has reached Spokane but I've never seen it, and it's not really ever been a priority for me.

27. mmmbeerNY

mmmbeerNY Devotee (428) Mar 5, 2014 New York

Where in NY is Parabola on the shelf? I always seen this gone same day it arrives, never had chance at 2015

As far as BCBS, it is easy to find on black friday and for little while after some places near me. I got 2 4packs on black friday by just walking into one store but they had no variants that day and those are hard to come by so I've never had any of them since haven't chased

28. swedishmailman

swedishmailman Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2013 Georgia

Haha, I know right?! It's the only shop in Valdosta that's really worth a shit. They have 4 packs for like $21. I can help ya out with some if ya want. I'm pretty sure I know of some places in Tallahassee that have the Barleywine on the shelf too, but don't quote me on that. I was there a couple months ago and it was still there but it could be gone by now.

29. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2010 New York

Bay Ridge Brooklyn. 2 stores have it for $25 (might be able to talk them down to $20) - 86th and 3rd ave - corner deli/beer store, and 94th and 3rd - corner beer deli.

mrchrisray and mmmbeerNY like this.
  30. mrchrisray

mrchrisray Initiate (0) May 14, 2013 Ohio

As for BCBS, Foodtown in Bay Ridge still had singles last time I was in, a couple weeks ago. It seems to have gone quicker this year compared to last. I could still get some in August last year.

31. wordemupg

wordemupg Poo-Bah (4,192) Feb 11, 2009 Canada (AB)
    Society Trader

We get Goose Island here in Alberta but so far no Bourbon County:slight_frown:, I'm hoping that changes soon......

32. whiskey

whiskey Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2012 California

It's not very accessible here in Orange County, although this happened at Bevmo the other day while my wife was picking up a couple bottles of High West-ified for me:

Bevmo dude: "Hey, if you like this, you should try a stout by Goose Island!"

whiskeywife: "Bourbon County?"

Bevmo dude:"Yeah!"

whiskeywife: "It's my favorite Barrel Aged stout."

Bevmo dude: "Really?! I actually have a 4 pack coming from a different store I was going to buy but since it's your favorite I'll sell it to you! Give me your number and I'll call you when it's in."

whiskeywife: "Hells yeah." (paraphrased)

whiskeywife came strolling in with a 4 pack on Friday. oontz oontz oontz

DammitMike likes this.
  33. Ccagno15

Ccagno15 Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2014 New York

I can go to the store and still get at least 3 4 packs right now off the shelf

34. VTR

VTR Initiate (0) Jul 20, 2014 Florida

It is pretty hard in my area. During the release I was only able to get one four pack because the only store in my area got one case. My other local store that did not get any during the release just got a shipment a few days ago!? They are not sure why it came but they put it on the shelf for $30/4 pack. I walked away because I will not pay that much. I have purchased it before and the most I have ever paid was $19/4 pack.

35. ThePaintedTuba

ThePaintedTuba Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2014 West Virginia

I don't think they sell it anywhere in West Virginia. All my friends who bought some had to go to Kentucky to buy it. I've heard that there is some weird law in WV that won't allow beers that say bourbon in the name to be sold.

36. GetTheYayo

GetTheYayo Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Deactivated

In NE Pennsylvania the go-to stores got one case each, no coffee. Had a line at the door before opening. Said the hell with that, had my hookups in CO send me a shitload :wink:

37. Sound_Explorer

Sound_Explorer Poo-Bah (1,886) Dec 29, 2013 Washington
    Society

What is this Bourbon County you speak of? (It's just not available, at least that I've seen)

38. PorterPro125

PorterPro125 Champion (849) Jan 19, 2013 Canada (NB)

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the least accessible, 10 the most), definitely a 0. The only Goose Island I've ever seen has been Sofie and Matilda and even that seems to be a rarity. Considering that, I'm willing to bet I'll never see a Bourbon County anything.

39. Cotchept

Cotchept Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 Colorado

In Denver I was only able to get a few bottles after visiting a few shops. No variants. Luckily, my brother lives in Chicago and just got into craft beer so im gonna make him send me a bunch next year.

40. Ccagno15

Ccagno15 Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2014 New York

I still have access to as much bcbs as anyone needs its like shelf beer in New York so if anyone is up for a trade Pm me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.