How to order a beer Down Under

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by beertunes, Jan 26, 2013.

1. TongoRad

TongoRad Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Keep it simple- no matter where you are, just order a jug. It's all about the jugs- I think I'd like it over there ;)

2. Derranged

Derranged Mar 7, 2010 New York

I'd like a jug of Cooper's Sparkling Ale. I had it once at The Outback. Its good but I don't want to spend $12.99 on a sixer for it.

kuhndog likes this.
  3. spicelab

spicelab Nov 6, 2009 Australia
    Beer Trader

Lol. You'd struggle to find a dedicated craft venue anywhere in Australia which sells jugs, or adheres to the other size specifications more generally.

Full and half imperial pints are more common.

4. cyclonece09

cyclonece09 Aug 5, 2008 Maryland

Ordered myself many, many schooners of beer while I was there (primarily in NSW). Happy Australia Day to all y'all Down Under (at least it is still the 26th in America). Will be enjoying some Aussie brews tonight in your honor.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!