Hudson NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by HopsDubosc, Feb 4, 2019.

1. HopsDubosc

HopsDubosc Disciple (322) Apr 24, 2015 Vermont
    Premium

Planning a birthday trip to Hudson next month. I've been wanting to check out Suarez for awhile now and we're booking rooms at WM Farmer & Sons. I've heard good things about Plan Bee and Hudson Valley but not sure if we want to do the additional driving from our home base. Any other good breweries or pubs in the immediate area that we shouldn't miss? Thanks in advance, fellow Advocates.

2. TheEpeeist

TheEpeeist Devotee (406) Nov 5, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Sloop Brewing is in the vicinity.

cavedave and HopsDubosc like this.
  3. frozyn

frozyn Zealot (580) May 16, 2015 New York
    Premium Trader

In reading past threads and making notes from previous BA recommendations, Hudson has Spotty Dog and Governor's Tavern. Across the river in Catskill is Submersive Brewing and its newly-opened beer cafe. If you end up going to Plan Bee, you can tack on Mill House and King's Court breweries in Poughkeepsie itself to make the drive more palatable?

IGaveYouPower, HopsDubosc and Xerlic like this.
  4. IGaveYouPower

IGaveYouPower Initiate (131) Dec 2, 2010 New York

Sloop is literally three miles from Suarez so that's an obvious visit.

Subversive is killer and Catskill is a cool little town to explore. The gym where Cus D'Amato trained Tyson is literally directly behind Subversive.

Also a quick jump to Athens where you can go to Crossroads. Very good beer and awesome food in a nice atmosphere there.

And if you're coming all the way from VT already, it really is worth the extra hour to go to Hudson Valley. You can also hit the DIA museum and there's a ton of good food in Beacon. Go to Draught Industries.

HopsDubosc likes this.
  5. HopsDubosc

HopsDubosc Disciple (322) Apr 24, 2015 Vermont
    Premium

Really awesome suggestions and tempting me to add an additional day to the itinerary (girlfriend has already bookmarked 6 hours for Spotty Dog). Thanks all!

6. IGaveYouPower

If you add an additional day let me know, I have allllllllllll manner of Hudson Valley recommendations.

Xerlic likes this.
  7. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Champion (822) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Sticking this in here for now...wishing the lager saw some distro

8. IGaveYouPower

Was just in Hudson this past weekend -- recommend eating at Thyme & Co. Really fantastic sandwiches. Place is real small, though, so I'd recommend going at an off time of day.

9. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Champion (822) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader