Hunahpu Day 2016

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by newbrews, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2_Beardz

2_Beardz Initiate (175) Apr 4, 2014 Florida
    Trader

yeah, same here

2. Papaloth

Papaloth Initiate (158) Nov 9, 2013 Indiana
    Trader

I've got a really stupid question - are there any rumors of "other" bottles (DB huna? I can dream right?) for sale besides huna?

3. Beer4B

Beer4B Zealot (597) Feb 28, 2014 Florida

No. No bottle sales at Huna Day at all. Only bottle pickup.

jloomis likes this.
  4. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Champion (863) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

Got my email as well, so it looks like they have it rolling out in batches!

5. cardsfan

cardsfan Aspirant (280) Jan 8, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

I spoke with the CCB rep who is responsible for sending them out and he said all tickets should be going out no later than next Wednesday.

6. BKnarr

BKnarr Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2012 Florida

Next Wednesday?!?! My wife got her email this morning! She's gonna be waving that damn thing in my face and mocking me for days! I can just see her chasing me around the house yelling "First!" So emasculating.

timeyouwontgetback and jloomis like this.
  7. studyinmoppishness

studyinmoppishness Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2014 Florida

If that's the most emasculating thing your wife does to you consider yourself lucky.

8. MJS08

MJS08 Disciple (321) Jul 29, 2014 Florida
    Society

Got my notice and tracking info this AM. Maybe it was done alphabetically. That's what I get for having a name like Zitzberger.

9. Dicers

Dicers Poo-Bah (1,711) Sep 2, 2012 Colorado
    Fest Crew Society Trader

Just got mine... I'm cardinal....

10. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,410) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Trader

There are very few people in el cat that have received theirs.

11. jloomis

jloomis Aspirant (294) Jan 6, 2010 Florida
    Trader

El Cat and haven't received mine or even an e-mail.

BKnarr likes this.
  12. colt3ninja

colt3ninja Initiate (140) Sep 27, 2014 Florida
    Trader

I'm in el cat and got my email today.

13. CaptCleveland

CaptCleveland Crusader (748) Jun 18, 2003 Ohio

El Cat. Received an email this AM.

jloomis likes this.
  14. lionelhutz23

lionelhutz23 Initiate (126) Jul 21, 2014 Florida

Still nothing

15. BKnarr

Still nothing. Honestly coming here and seeing others are still waiting makes me feel a little better. My wife's arrives today.....

gjoker321 likes this.
  16. Thedrizzle

Thedrizzle Defender (616) Sep 10, 2012 Florida
    Trader

Lots of new beer added.

17. wjrainer

wjrainer Initiate (127) Feb 21, 2014 North Carolina
    Trader

If you can think up any other potential Jai Alai variant, they'd probably add it in there today

swortman25 likes this.
  18. sicilian

sicilian Initiate (171) Sep 30, 2008 Florida

I just got email from Chris L @ CCBrewing, below is the text in case it got lost/filtered in your email inbox.

I just wanted to take a moment to send an email to everyone to talk about the wristbands. The last of the bands should sent out by Wednesday of this week at the latest.

Once you have received your wristbands please do not tighten them. The wristbands have one way slide locks that prevent them from being taken off or loosened.

If you have any issues with your wristbands please contact Vendini directly.

19. BKnarr

Mine was included in with my wife's! I never even got an email.

jloomis and gjoker321 like this.
  20. leeds376

leeds376 Initiate (130) Sep 27, 2005 Pennsylvania

El Cat member and mine came today.

Where are you guys monitoring what beers are being added?

21. Dicers

Dicers Poo-Bah (1,711) Sep 2, 2012 Colorado
    Fest Crew Society Trader

22. leeds376

23. elvisdoc

elvisdoc Aspirant (272) Jul 16, 2010 Florida
    Trader

Good question. Where is the ' Great Beers You Gotta Try At Huna Day '16' thread?

I am really looking forward to trying the beers from 18th Street and Jester King.

24. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,410) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Trader

All of the huna treatments.

All the mazurt

All the three sons

All the wakefield

Got my bands in the mail and got them registered.

25. leeds376

Looking over the list....I want to drink every thing.

26. elvisdoc

elvisdoc Aspirant (272) Jul 16, 2010 Florida
    Trader

Mazurt and 3 Sons stole the show last year, IMO. It was great to have Heady and TG decoys out there while hanging out at those two...see u there.

Matthouse3 and ATLbeerDog like this.
  27. Lapalou

Lapalou Disciple (326) Dec 21, 2014 Florida
    Trader

CCB added a bunch more, including El Mercielago... Maybe it got better with age.... On serious note though they added the cheers beer, which this year was some sort of blend between big sound and BA Huna.

28. Axic10

Axic10 Defender (636) Mar 15, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

I do a big tasting every January and one of the guys who is probably the hardest to please said that he had a bottle of it a week before (2012 bottling I believe) and he said it was really drinking nice. I was almost tempted to open my last bottle of it, but I'm still gunshy after having it 4 years ago.

29. aliving1

aliving1 Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2011 Minnesota

Got my wristband today! Can't wait for the 12th

30. atothesquiz

atothesquiz Initiate (45) May 2, 2011 New York

what sort of shit show will happen when people show up and haven't registered their wrist bands?

"Too bad, it's not registered, come back when it is"

edit: also, I wonder what, if anything, is stopping people from reselling unregistered Huna bracelets? There seemed to be no clear connection between the original purchaser and the register.

31. BKnarr

Everyone should have at least 2 weeks to do what the GIANT RED postcard in their box told them to do. If they somehow fail this menial and obvious task, they don't deserve to get in.

jloomis, TBBAGBIF and mgr78704 like this.
  32. atothesquiz

atothesquiz Initiate (45) May 2, 2011 New York

I definitely agree with you, but that doesn't change the fact that it'll happen or if people forget their wrist band at home.

33. jumboj11

jumboj11 Aspirant (204) May 24, 2009 Georgia
    Trader

That's a really good question. I haven't gotten my bracelets yet, so I don't know what the registration portal looks like... when you go to register, is your name already associated with it or what sort of information are you using to register/validate it? If you're simply entering all your personal information from scratch, then it would seemingly allow re-selling.

Although, I'd assume there's a master list of who purchased tickets that could be used to crosscheck bottle pick up. You could use that list to ensure names match registered bracelets.

34. jumboj11

jumboj11 Aspirant (204) May 24, 2009 Georgia
    Trader

And you know some idiot is going to put it on early, cut it off and THEN try to get in with a snipped bracelet. Happens at pretty much every music festival where those things are used.

35. MJS08

MJS08 Disciple (321) Jul 29, 2014 Florida
    Society

I think the registration was to verify the correct person got the bracelet. I would guess it will take that and a photo ID to get admitted. If there is a way to game the system, someone will try. I like the box, though. If I cash in what's left of my 401k I can store it in there.

TBBAGBIF likes this.
  36. leeds376

Photo ID has to match name of person that the band is registered too plus name of person that purchased it. Seems like CCB has taken a pretty solid approach to dealing with any potential BS that may occur.

Bartos and TBBAGBIF like this.
  37. Don_Quixote

Don_Quixote Initiate (82) Feb 19, 2015 Pennsylvania

I didn't get a giant red post card in my box, only a bracelet and the huna day box (nothing else in envelope). Does that card have any important information like a serial number that I need or is it just instructions on how to register??

38. HookemHoos

HookemHoos Zealot (522) Sep 20, 2013 Virginia
    Trader

Nothing that important. It's just instructions on how to register it. There's nothing unique on the card. I can post a picture if you want to see it, but basically you can figure it out at hunahpusday.com and select "verify wristband"

39. BKnarr

Did you get the blue and yellow card?

40. Don_Quixote

Don_Quixote Initiate (82) Feb 19, 2015 Pennsylvania

Thanks for that. No, I didn't receive a card of any kind, just box and bracelet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.