Hunahpu's Imperial Stout

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by menkros, Oct 2, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brewseph

Brewseph Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2012 California

Rare Dos was a monster. Any idea of if he will brew it again?

2. stouts4me

stouts4me Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2011 Illinois

Really happy for this release. My first time down there, BIG road trip from Chicago. Will be bringing bunch 'o Bourbon County different beers for sippin' and tradin'. Hoping to land some extra Huna's to bring back to share with BA's and beer bud's up here. Cigar City or bust!

Ravenacht likes this.
  3. Brewseph

If you can bring down some RARE, Vanilla, Cherry, Cherry Rye, or Bramble we could do some dealing. Rare and Vanilla mainly.

4. jgagne

jgagne Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2011 Kentucky

I sure hope so. He made it seem like he would :slight_smile:

5. Lare453

Lare453 Pooh-Bah (2,822) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Trader

It is being released 12/21

6. sendsilk

sendsilk Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2007 Florida

RareR dos is being released 12/21, not Rare.

7. beerborn

beerborn Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2012 Louisiana

I happen to be in Florida for the release (or close to it and decided I'm staying longer) of this but have no idea what to expect. It'll be my first beer release so is it a stand in line and hope to get some bottles or do they release tickets online to buy ahead of time? I've heard multiple things thrown out there and need some guidance

8. ShaBizzle

ShaBizzle Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2010 Virginia

The Greatest Rapper Alive died on March 9th

KhakCane likes this.
  9. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2012 Florida

pretty glad i live in orlando. havent ever had huna so i guess i can make the hourish drive down there :wink:

10. aurorabeerealis

aurorabeerealis Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2010 California

So that 20 dollar bottle of beer is gonna cost some people how many hundreds? Then the limit is 2 bottles. What happens if you're to late for a wristband? Sounds like a pilgrimage. Is this beer really that good?

11. thecraftculture

thecraftculture Aspirant (255) Nov 28, 2012 Florida

I will be attending for the first time in march, I am wondering if it will be like a black Friday sale, stand in line and hope you get a chance to buy a bottle or do you purchase a ticket and just attend the event!? Cannot wait!!

12. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

Sometimes the events are better then the beer itself.

KhakCane and CGMLS3 like this.
  13. aurorabeerealis

That may be but were talkin' beer here. I would look for a trade or somebody to send me one if i could. It's just to much time and expense for 2 bottles of beer for me, but i live in Ca.

14. Brewseph

The beer is that good. And the event is epic for great moments in beer culture history. I'm only speaking from experience. Hunahpu induced experience.

15. aurorabeerealis

Ok the beer is good...tell ya what. Send me a video of the Hunahpu experience and then i'll decide if i want to make the 6000 mile round trip next year. I hope there close to Disney World.

16. badbeer

badbeer Initiate (0) Jun 19, 2005 Iowa

You're both right here. For you to travel across the country for two bottles, it's not worth it. The event though, much like other major releases, is way better than the actual beer. If you saw last years guest list, you'd be amazed. Having never been to Hunahpu's Day, I don't know if they allow bottle shares, but if it's anything like DLD or Darkness Day, you'll try more amazing beers than you could imagine. Is two bottles worth it? No. The two bottles, all the beers on draft, bottle shares, plus the overall experience? You tell me.

17. aurorabeerealis

If i traveled 6000 miles for beer, i would have a reservation waiting at the nut house as soon as i got home. I won't drive more than 10-15 miles for suds. Guest list? Who we talkin about? The Stones, Led Zeppelin maybe? It better be somebody that will make me laugh till i piss my pants. There's plenty of draft beer/events that are a whole lot closer to me than Florida. Besides all that, after travel expenses, i'd be broke and wouldn't have enough $ for the beer.:sunglasses:

4thelvofbeer likes this.
  18. badbeer

badbeer Initiate (0) Jun 19, 2005 Iowa

You've got me all wrong! I'm not actually trying to convince you to spend the money to go. I'm just saying/agreeing with others that the event is the real draw. The last thing they need is another person in line.

Grab some great beers you have, drink and enjoy while others are having a great time at Hunahpu's Day and trade for a bottle. You'll think you won for not having to travel across the country and wait in line for it, and they'll think they won for getting to drink all the great guest beers, having a great time, and getting the beers you sent.

19. aurorabeerealis

I gotcha bud, just sayin'. The only way anybody could convince me would be to pay my way. I really would like to get my hands on a bottle though, by all accounts it's the shit. I'll just sit here and suffer with my Victory Storm that i just popped. Cheers!:grinning:

20. Lare453

Lare453 Pooh-Bah (2,822) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Trader

How can the greatest rapper alive be dead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.