I just lost 9 beers on my count... ?

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by NeroFiddled, Aug 20, 2019.

1. NeroFiddled

NeroFiddled Poo-Bah (10,962) Jul 8, 2002 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I just lost 9 beer reviews on my count. I'll assume someone is cleaning up and merging beers. Is this more than just a regional moderator? I'm just surprised the number is so high. I've lost one or two here or there over the years but nine at once seems high.

2. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Poo-Bah (8,304) Dec 8, 2007 North Carolina
    Moderator Society Trader

I did a bunch of queued up merges towards the end of last week so there were more than are normally done in a single shot, maybe that caused it...

mngermanshepherd likes this.
  3. NeroFiddled

Society Trader

No, that can't be it, it just happened.

Bitterbill likes this.
  4. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (6,796) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society Trader

My guess would be that beers listed separately as different editions got merged because their formulas didn't change enough to warrant separate entries. Shrugs.

5. NeroFiddled

Society Trader

Yeah, I haven't kept complete records going back, but I can work through it - about a thousand or so - and see what I find. If it's just different editions I don't care but I think Todd or someone else could have told us that already.

Bitterbill and scream like this.
  6. dbrauneis

Moderator Society Trader

I looked through the last hundred or so entries in the log (all that I can see as a Moderator) when you first posted this and I did not see more than a few entries that were merged but all were from this AM. I'm not sure how often update happens (I think once a day overnight and you might have missed the cut off for the previous day or something like that). We have added a handful of additional Moderators over the last few months so maybe one of them did some merges and has not checked the thread yet? Some live outside the US.

NeroFiddled likes this.
  7. NeroFiddled

Society Trader

Yeah, it certainly could be something like that. Maybe I have one brewery that got merged with another or something like that. We'll see. I'll try to figure it out. I am quite focused on entering the exact information though. I never want to enter something that's not perfectly "on".

8. dbrauneis

Moderator Society Trader

Yeah, I have noticed that you are a pretty regular updater of information :slight_smile:

I asked @Todd to look back a little further in the log and report back.

Edit: I looked through the log of Places and didn't see any Places that got deleted or the like.

woodychandler likes this.
  9. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (2,017) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Trader

I wrote a haiku for my review of BCBCS and it disappeared. Sometimes art is just too beautiful.

GuyFawkes and hopsputin like this.