Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Indiana beer distribution question

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by shirtless_mike, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shirtless_mike

shirtless_mike Aug 4, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I know Green Flash, Crooked Stave, Oskar Blues and a few others have finally made their way to Indy but i was wondering if and when we might be seeing brews from Lagunitas, Bear Republic, Deschutes, Firestone Walker, etc..

Sucks that most of our surrounding states get beers from these guys but we're passed over. I figure AlAsher or some other Hoosiers might have some insight

2. AstronautMikeDexter

AstronautMikeDexter Feb 14, 2013 Indiana

I've heard we're supposed to be getting Lagunitas here within the next few months. As far as the others, no idea.

Dogfish head is also making it's way back into the Indiana market.

3. shirtless_mike

Beer Trader

I'm not a big Dogfish fan but I did buy Indian Brown Ale and Burton Baton when they were last in Indy. good to hear about Lagunitas. i figured we should see their beers start filtering in once the Chicago brewery was up and running. i really wanna try Sucks.

4. Boilerfood

Boilerfood Jun 5, 2012 Indiana

I would except to see all of those guys in the next 2 years.

5. incubuscience

incubuscience Jul 26, 2012 Illinois

As soon as the Chicago Lagunitas plant starts producing, you guys should see distribution from them. Or shortly thereafter.

bozodogbreath likes this.
  6. antzman

antzman Feb 14, 2005 Indiana

Lagunitas and Deschutes are the only two on your list that I've heard rumblings of. Deschutes is moving into Ohio and Kentucky very shortly, if they are not already there, and I've heard that Indiana was next on that list. I've heard the same for Lagunitas once they get their new facility up and running.

Still waiting to hear who's getting Dogfish Head. They said they would name a distributor by the end of the year, so they do still have 11 days. Nothing is scheduled to be released to us this year, so hopefully we'll see them in January or February.

shirtless_mike likes this.
  7. bozodogbreath

bozodogbreath Oct 19, 2006 Indiana
    Beer Trader

IN Beverage will be distributing Dogfish Head in northern IN. Lagunitas will not begin to distribute in IN until the Chicago brewery opens.

8. psykosis

psykosis May 21, 2009 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Lagunitas would be nice, and I'd love to see FW here. Ballast Point would be nice too, as I'd love to have cans of Sculpin on hand...

mcrago likes this.
  9. shirtless_mike

Beer Trader

what about Great Lakes?

10. mcrago

mcrago Oct 6, 2012 Indiana

Great Lakes is already distributed to northern Indiana.

11. shirtless_mike

Beer Trader

we need them down here in the Indy area. we had them a few years ago. i get tired of having to drive to Cincy for Dortmunder Gold

12. kjschell

kjschell Dec 17, 2009 Michigan

Bear Republic is stopping brewing operations temporarily, if they haven't already. At least that's what one of my sales reps tells me here in Chicago -- though it may just be that they're pulling out of midwest distribution for a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe